The Walking Dead

King Kebab

On 05/12/2016 at 22:20, Boghead ranter said:

Well in the little preview after the credits tonight, Negan is seen smiling, while covered in blood splatters and carrying a dripping Lucille (ooer).

So somebody's in for a scudding.

Hopefully it's that bitch Spencer. Did we ever find out who Negan's insider was? Jesus looks pretty snakey.

15 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

The way he turned to Carl and said "Really?" had me chuckling.

tumblr_ohpccpm9L11rita8uo4_250.giftumblr_ohpccpm9L11rita8uo4_250.giftumblr_ohpccpm9L11rita8uo4_250.gif

I don't mind Negan. What I do mind is how unrealistic the character is. We've been shown enough already that everyone fears him and does as he orders but what we haven't been told/shown, is why.

Burning someone's face doesn't cut it for me. Why would the person not just shoot him the next time they were alone? We really need a flashback episode on the guy to show why he is so feared and why there hasn't been a mutiny yet.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I don't mind Negan. What I do mind is how unrealistic the character is. We've been shown enough already that everyone fears him and does as he orders but what we haven't been told/shown, is why.

Burning someone's face doesn't cut it for me. Why would the person not just shoot him the next time they were alone? We really need a flashback episode on the guy to show why he is so feared and why there hasn't been a mutiny yet.

This all the way.  It's been a chore but I enjoyed the Tara episode.  

I've quickly grown bored of Negan.  We'd heard of him for how long?  There has been plenty of opportunity to take him out.  I can understand Saviors not risking it but after the opening episode there's no way any of Rick's group wouldn't have taken thier chances. 

TBF Negan seems to completely condition people to fear him, or respect him, its what he done in this latest episode with Carl, and is what he done to Rick in the first episode. We've currently got Carl, Maggie, Michonne, Rosita and probably Spencer all game for attacking Negan once they get a chance. You'd also have had Abraham and Glenn who'd likely be willing too, while Darryl would too, but again, hes been conditioned.

Not sure how many actual chances they've had to attack him either, tbh. They have absolutely no idea where his main base is, and any time he's near them theres a fuckload of saviours there too, who'd just kill everyone the moment Negan dies, a point a character made in the last episode so is obviously something the characters are aware of. 

I do get a feeling with this latest episode showing Negan being, relatively, nice to Carl, being nice to Judith, and even apologising to Olivia, that something fucking horrendous is on the way.

Negan's an absolute c**t to everyone even his own saviours. Somebody would have killed him by now, I would have thought, and could only see some of his devoted followers caring. The Governor was a much more believable character. Look at the way he treats the burnt face guy who is supposed to be his second in command. You could only get away with treating everyone like shit by having all the leaders firmly on your side and we haven't really seen that yet.

It was a much better episode than episodes 2 to 6 and agree with one of the posters above this could have easily have been the second or third episode rather than seventh.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

We had that with the Guvenor didn't we? 

Shame they have wasted the majority of this half season but you just know they are building up to a huge season finale (hopefully). 

Coral had a assault rifle pointed right at him and he didn't shoot. Negan would be just as well killing Rick, Coral, Daryl ect keeping them alive is unrealistic too.

2 hours ago, Spain said:

I still don't really get why Carl stopped shooting in the first place. He shot two unarmed men then didn't shoot Negan just because he hid behind someone else... what?

He fired two bursts on auto, probably emptied his magazine.

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I agree to some extent, i would quite like to hear what turned Negan into such a c**t and what his life was like before the apocalyptic events.

Don't think its unrealistic that the people fear him and act like that about him, you have seen how ruthless he is and he is clearly able to play on their fears and yet give them someone to look up to as their leader and who can give them hope. 

I think Negan's been pretty lenient towards Rick and co considering the various killings carried out against the Saviours in the previous season. I would have expected the consequences to have been worse if Negan was as bad as the show had suggested he would be.

He wants them to work for him though, so why kill them all?

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He wants them to work for him though, so why kill them all?

I'm not saying he should have killed them all but his original plan to only off one of them as payback for the 50 or so they killed didn't strike me as being particularly proportionate. 

Rick and Co had it coming anyway, far too many victories in the last season and none of the characters are particularly likable - unlike Negan and Simon.

Series link does some annoying things with TWD for some reason. Haven't seen it with any other program, but it annoyingly links to The Talking Dead (but the second showing at around midnight).