The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

-At The Gates

Have you tried "The Haunted"? the band that the Bjorler brothers and Erlandsson formed after ATG broke up? Although Erlandsson doesn't play for them any more right enough...

Edited by Mik

Have you tried "The Haunted"? the band that the Bjorler brothers and Erlandsson formed after ATG broke up? Although Erlandsson doesn't play for them any more right enough...

Aye i'm not as big a fan of them as I am of At The Gates though, I thought Made me do it was a good album. I used to be well into my swedish melo-death a few years ago.

Good to see Anthrax and C.O.C getting mentions earlier in the thread, both excellent bands.

I liked Anthrax with Belladonna but John Bush improved them tenfold IMO, still get shivers down my spine when I hear Only from Sound Of White Noise, I recall James Hetfield at the time describing it as the perfect metal song.

I saw them when they toured We've Come For You All and it was an amazing experience, so damn tight and dynamic, probably my fave gig ever.

For me Bush is up there with John Garcia and Mike Patton as fave singers.

C.O.C have reinvented themselves a few times, not so keen on their early hardcore stuff but Deliverance and Wiseblood are classics.

As for my favourite metal band ever, I'd have to go for Fu Manchu for sheer consistency, Kyuss aren't a kick in the arse away in second place.

Psyko Dalek were ace, Twin Atlantic were shite, but Limp Bizkit were brilliant, as expected.

Are Psyko Dalek still on the go?

I saw them supporting Clutch years ago and I'm sure we shared a stage with them somewhere in Embra when I was in a metal band.

I saw them supporting Clutch years ago and I'm sure we shared a stage with them somewhere in Embra when I was in a metal band.

I'd assume so. The gig was only in August.

Good to see Anthrax and C.O.C getting mentions earlier in the thread, both excellent bands.

I liked Anthrax with Belladonna but John Bush improved them tenfold IMO, still get shivers down my spine when I hear Only from Sound Of White Noise, I recall James Hetfield at the time describing it as the perfect metal song.

I saw them when they toured We've Come For You All and it was an amazing experience, so damn tight and dynamic, probably my fave gig ever.

For me Bush is up there with John Garcia and Mike Patton as fave singers.

C.O.C have reinvented themselves a few times, not so keen on their early hardcore stuff but Deliverance and Wiseblood are classics.

As for my favourite metal band ever, I'd have to go for Fu Manchu for sheer consistency, Kyuss aren't a kick in the arse away in second place.

I haven't listened to Bush era Anthrax in ages and immediately put Only on after reading your post, forgot how much I loved that song. Potter's Field on that album is one of my favourite Anthrax songs too.

I'd assume so. The gig was only in August.

They also played an acoustic set at the Cathouse more recently, two-three weeks ago-ish.

....Risk is their worst album imo.

Get "Rust In Peace" widely regarded as their best album....although, I think maybe "Countdown to Extinction" is probably the best Megadeth album to start off with. Although I suppose you can't go wrong with a greatest hits album...either 'Capitol Punishment' or 'Back To The Start'.

Done.

Rust In Peace bought in the wee independant record store down the road at a fairly reasonable price.

Rob Zombie

20/02/2011

o2 Academy - Glasgow

Presale: 13/10/2010

General Sale: 15/10/2010

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

about fcukin TIME Mr. Zombie.

Genuine?!?!?!? f**k me...that's gona be a nightmare for tickets...I'm workin the day they go onsale... f**k me man thats amazing! I WILL be at that gig!

Genuine?!?!?!? f**k me...that's gona be a nightmare for tickets...I'm workin the day they go onsale... f**k me man thats amazing! I WILL be at that gig!

Genuine mate biggrin.gif .

I'll probably get wind of the presale on the 13th. So i'll post the link in this thread when I get it. wink.gif

Cant fucking wait for the Zombie gig myself. Mind and hook a brother up with the presale Mik. Too bad its a Sunday so the Monday will more than likely be taken off, whole day of drinking what with the Old Firm game being that day too. Lamb of God gig all over again!

A band worth checking out for some is Evile, im not a massive fan but I can see why they are getting some hype. I have both their albums on my Ipod and they're not bad at all.

Quick list of the bands im into:

Megadeth

Lamb of God

Metallica

Black Sabbath

Ozzy

Slayer

Testament

The Haunted

Children of Bodom

Disturbed

Judas Priest.