The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Thanks for the feedback guys. Brought it up again last night but she's not keen on going now, acht well. 

In other news seen as I'm probably not going to manage Machine Head in May I'm looking at Trivium in April instead. I'm really loving their new album at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
Mastodon were fucking superb at the Barrowlands tonight. Anyone else there? Not at all looking forward to the hangover at work tomorrow though.

Missed it. Seething.
Been a fan since March of the Fire Ants on a Relapse sampler centuries ago. Still never managed to catch them live!

6 hours ago, Consolidate said:

Yes, one of the best performances I've seen from them. They seemed to be really enjoying it as well.

Russian Circles were superb as well - no change there!

Great night,

Aye they were way better than last time I seen them at the Academy and yeah, they did seem really into it last night. Had never even heard of Russian Circles or Red Fang until last night but thought they were both pretty good and definitely going to give them a listen. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Great show

Luckily I’d had the foresight to book today as annual leave

I didn’t. Forgot all about the gig until my mate text me on Tuesday. This morning was awful.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Missed it. Seething.
Been a fan since March of the Fire Ants on a Relapse sampler centuries ago. Still never managed to catch them live!

They played March Of The Fire Ants the first time I seen them in 2007 which was fucking ferocious through a massive PA system in Wembley Stadium. Gutted they never played it in the Barrowlands last night. The place would’ve crumbled.

Seething that I missed this, left it late to get tickets then realised it had sold out. Slight consolation that I've seen them several times before and have seen Red Fang too, but they're bands you're always bothered about missing.

On 08/12/2017 at 20:45, mrcat1990 said:

When I saw them on the "Crack The Sky" tour at the Barras they played "March Of The Fire Ants" and it crushingly brilliant. Easily one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Not that it matters at all but, I'm pretty sure the Crack the Skye tour was at the ABC. I think the next album tour (The Hunter?) was at the Barras.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

• 3 weeks later...