The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Aberdeen was a paperless ticket but Manchester wasn't for some reason.  Never been to the Aberdeen venue but have booked accommodation overnight. Hopefully if I follow the crowd. I'll be alright.

Edited by Del79

15 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Aye I read Robb Flynn’s tweets to Devin. Basically just saying “Please don’t kick off that I ripped off your riff!” emoji1.png

The song is actually getting better with each listen for me however most of the comments I've read it seems it's not going down well which is a pity. Seems a bit early to release a song as well seen as the album is not coming out til January. Was planning on getting a ticket for their gig next May but from what I can see there's no more tickets left on Ticketmaster and it's now via Getmein.

Got Maiden tickets  for Abedeen - £122 for two tickets.

Possible tip: O2 Priority let me login on my laptop and said tickets were available but only the Maiden Club option came up - I had to switch to my phone to see the O2 option.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

You did well got two for Newcastle ticket master complete c***s though tickets 60 service charge 7.40 facility charge 1.20 then "delivery charge" 3.25 tossers.

If I was guaranteed to get a ticket would just go to box office on Friday and pay 60.00.

Still... [emoji869][emoji869][emoji869]

Just now, marty_j said:

You did well got two for Newcastle ticket master complete c***s though tickets 60 service charge 7.40 facility charge 1.20 then "delivery charge" 3.25 tossers.

If I was guaranteed to get a ticket would just go to box office on Friday and pay 60.00.

Still... emoji869.pngemoji869.pngemoji869.png

Jeez - Aberdeen was  £2.95 for paperless ticketing - that's not a lot but I'm wondering how you can be charged for what's effectively absolutely hee-haw!!

How the f'ck do paperless tickets work btw?

And what happens if the card I used is set to expire before the gig (It's not but just asking)

Had this last year with maiden. You can take expired card or contact them ( good luck with that). Incidentally at Newcastle last year we just showed confirmation no card or anything asked for bit of a shambles.

What's supposed to happen is you bring your confirmation email, they scan your card and check photo id. As you can imagine this causes massive queues. Catch 22 though as it does make it harder for touts. Doesn't help that ticket master basically promote secondary sales via getmein

1 hour ago, marty_j said:

Still... emoji869.pngemoji869.pngemoji869.png

1 hour ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Jeez - Aberdeen was  £2.95 for paperless ticketing - that's not a lot but I'm wondering how you can be charged for what's effectively absolutely hee-haw!!

When I bought my ticket on Monday morning, I was doing it in work and trying to be discreet so my boss didn’t catch me. Didn’t realise I had accidentally bought “missed gig insurance” which added another fiver on to the already extortionate price! :lol: 

12 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

When I bought my ticket on Monday morning, I was doing it in work and trying to be discreet so my boss didn’t catch me. Didn’t realise I had accidentally bought “missed gig insurance” which added another fiver on to the already extortionate price! :lol: 

I did that for Metallica, you can claim it back within 14 days or something like that ;)

Anyone seen Skindred live? if so, any good? rowdy crowd? I've only heard one album (Roots, Rock, Riot) which I quite enjoyed so no idea if their other material deviates from that style. My wife however loves them, but like myself, has only heard that one album but she seems to enjoy that 'distorted guitar/hard rock/metal'esque type edge with the reggae stuff mixed in'.

It's her 30th in April next year and I see they are playing in Glasgow a few days after her birthday. I jokingly said about the gig to her as a birthday idea thinking she'd scoff at thought of going to a sweaty show in Glasgow but she's surprisingly keen. My worry is if their live shows are full of the heavier songs with harsher vocals which she'd probably not enjoy that much.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Skindred are great live. The crowds are usually a slightly odd mix of just about anyone but it’s not particularly heavy or rowdy. The only annoying thing whenever I’ve seen them is there’s almost always one person, usually with long dreadlocks, who wants to dance (not pit, or just move about a bit, dance) when there really isn’t space.

Skindred are good fun though and don’t take themselves too seriously. They usually (or at least used to – I’ve haven’t seen them in a while) come on stage to the Imperial March and, in the middle of their song Pressure add a short burst of Under Pressure.

Anyone seen Skindred live? if so, any good? rowdy crowd? I've only heard one album (Roots, Rock, Riot) which I quite enjoyed so no idea if their other material deviates from that style. My wife however loves them, but like myself, has only heard that one album but she seems to enjoy that 'distorted guitar/hard rock/metal'esque type edge with the reggae stuff mixed in'.
It's her 30th in April next year and I see they are playing in Glasgow a few days after her birthday. I jokingly said about the gig to her as a birthday idea thinking she'd scoff at thought of going to a sweaty show in Glasgow but she's surprisingly keen. My worry is if their live shows are full of the heavier songs with harsher vocals which she'd probably not enjoy that much.

Aye they’re good fun. Make sure your missus is game to take part if they get the crowd to do the ‘Newport Helicopter’! [emoji6]