The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

404463981_1013262476824600_5840207539521

Haven't seen In Flames in almost 10 years now, they've been patchy in recent years to put it mildly but thought the last album was one of their better ones recently. However the fact Soilwork is on the bill is a big plus for me. Never seen them before and they rarely seem to do dates outside of London.

• 2 weeks later...

On 04/10/2023 at 15:08, George Parr said:

Still can't get into Leccy Wizard sadly. The fascination many have for that band eludes me.

Most metal I like is sludge, doom and stoner metal, i.e all the Black Sabbath inspired genres, so they're right in my niche personally. 

I got a notification from Spotify that Napalm Death, Wormrot, Pig Destroyer and Primitive man are all playing a gig in Glasgow in March. What a day for grind fans.

• 1 month later...

First Damnation 2024 announcement the other week.

mBsfHJe.jpg

A decent announcement, Nails were great in 2017. Looking forward to seeing Hexis, Gatecreeper and The Ruins of Beverast as well for the first time.

Also another ridiculous combination of bands for later in the year.

anthrax220124.jpg

On 24/01/2024 at 10:14, NorthernLights said:

First Damnation 2024 announcement the other week.

mBsfHJe.jpg

A decent announcement, Nails were great in 2017. Looking forward to seeing Hexis, Gatecreeper and The Ruins of Beverast as well for the first time.

Also another ridiculous combination of bands for later in the year.

anthrax220124.jpg

Damnation looks amazing already. Bleeding Through are terrific live.

Anthrax, Kreator and Testament is very tempting.

• 2 weeks later...

Damnation announces more bands. Not a fan of Cradle ,but the others make me happy.

image.png

Edited by Comrie

On 30/01/2024 at 15:24, Jives Miguel said:

Been listening to Demolition Hammer recently.

Has to be the heaviest thrash metal album of all time

Not so much the vocals but reminds me a bit of Bestial Devestation/Morbid Visions era Sepultura.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2024 at 22:11, mathematics said:

Not long till Judas Priest at the Hydro. 

Seeing them in Birmingham and London. Been 8.5 years by my reckoning since they toured over here. Uriah Heep and Saxon (with Brian Tatler still presumably) as support is mental too. Should be one hell of an evening (twice!).

That week for me is bookended by Stiff Little Fingers on St Patrick's Day at Barrowlands, then the following Friday in Manchester. If my body and my wallet survive it all it's a miracle.

11 hours ago, southernrover said:

Seeing them in Birmingham and London. Been 8.5 years by my reckoning since they toured over here.

Last time I saw them was 2011, in Newport (I lived in South Wales at the time). I only went because Queensryche were supporting them. Queensryche ended up being quite poor, but JP were excellent.

They were also supported by Rival Sons, who I didn’t know at the time. I was an instant convert.

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Last time I saw them was 2011, in Newport (I lived in South Wales at the time). I only went because Queensryche were supporting them. Queensryche ended up being quite poor, but JP were excellent.

They were also supported by Rival Sons, who I didn’t know at the time. I was an instant convert.

I saw Rival Sons supporting Sabbath on The End tour. Was impressed but haven't listened to them in a good while. I should sort that!

When I last saw Priest it was Michael Schenker supporting. I saw Schenker's own tour in London a few months later and some half cut bloke in the front row threw an Oxford United flag onstage. Doogie White was on vocals during that iteration of the band. He picked up and simply said "And I thought Motherwell FC was fucking embarrassing" before launching it back!

• 1 month later...