The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Having noticed that there are a fair amount of metal heads on these here boards thought id start a wee thread for all things metal- Gigs, albums etc.

Hatebreed are playing the garage in December for 15 quid all in, should be a well brutal night.

Also noticed that Arch Enemy have snuck in a wee date there also.

On a general topic note, who is everyones favourite Metal band then? Mine would have to be In Flames, seen them seven times and the first metal band I ever saw when they supported Motorhead in 05. They put on some live show also.

Although I listen to a lot of stuff, the majority of my taste is made up of bands who come under various pointless sub-genre tags. My favourite band are Agalloch who are a little difficult to describe. Their song writing encompasses Post-rock, folk, ambient, Black Metal and doom influences which appear to different degrees depending on what album you listen to. This is a video for, arguabely, their best song but unfortunately has been shortened and edited poorly.

Mine would have to be In Flames

I don't have a lot of time for this band's music (With the exception of a couple of songs from Clayman and Jester Race) but I am told they love playing in Scotland and visit whisky distilleries while they are here on tour. Pretty cool that.

Metal news? Rob Zombie tour to be announced next week!! Should include a Glasgow date....i've been waiting on this gig for nearly 10 fucking years! Joey Jordison I think is playing drums for him on the tour as well...

oh and, Slayer are my favorite band...seen them 6 times now.

Aye, anyway, I do love a bit of metal. I've just noticed the guy with the Immortal avatar is reading this thread. Can we all take a moment and laugh at the absurdity of black metal? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=oQJqZFUell8

Kristian is a very nice guy and lives by these words. The absurdity in the BM genre is boundless but his approach was genuine.

Up The Irons!!! Has to be mine.

Heard the Rolling Stones might be playing T(from the other thread) and Foo Fighters to headline Download next summer are the two rumours I have heard.

QOTSA are in the studio aswell as Machine Head so an album and tour could be announced within a year.

Maiden surely must do a UK tour for the Final Frontier.

Hears hoping for all three of the "rumours"

I don't have a lot of time for this band's music (With the exception of a couple of songs from Clayman and Jester Race) but I am told they love playing in Scotland and visit whisky distilleries while they are here on tour. Pretty cool that.

You are correct sir! Anders Friden is whiskey collecter and has often said on stage Scotland make the best whiskey. They recently brought out there own whiskey that is brewed right here in Scoland by a company called Glenfarclas.

http://www.philipsonsoderberg.se/?productid=5711

PS- after converting the prices over it works out at roughly 360 pounds a bottle, well according to some online converter. Cheaper bottle is 70 pounds.

In reply to Dunnings post, isnt there a movie/documentary kicking about of how black metal bands in Norway, burned down churchs around the country? :lol:

Also, has anyone got any idea when the Lemmy movie is going to be out, iv been waiting ages for it and heard nothing <_<

Edited by Zizou-5

Also, has anyone got any idea when the Lemmy movie is going to be out, iv been waiting ages for it and heard nothing dry.gif

Apparently it should be available on DVD for Christmas....

Edited by Mik

I too love my metal. Not as much as some others on the forum but it's still the main type of music I listen to.

I'll go for Motley Crue as my favourite metal band. If Maiden are touring here, I'll be there no doubt about it.

Edit. Infact Alice in Chains are metal right? I'll go for them right now, can't get enough of them just now.

Used to be right into Metallica hence the user name but haven't really got back into them as I Death Magnetic and St Anger weren't the best shall we say.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

Right fellow metal heads fancy giving me a bit of advice over what Megadeth albums I should look into buying?

For some reason I never really got into them but I saw them at Download earlier in the year and they were pretty good.

The only album I own is Risk.

Right fellow metal heads fancy giving me a bit of advice over what Megadeth albums I should look into buying?

For some reason I never really got into them but I saw them at Download earlier in the year and they were pretty good.

The only album I own is Risk.

....Risk is their worst album imo.

Get "Rust In Peace" widely regarded as their best album....although, I think maybe "Countdown to Extinction" is probably the best Megadeth album to start off with. Although I suppose you can't go wrong with a greatest hits album...either 'Capitol Punishment' or 'Back To The Start'.

Here's a few songs to get you going:

Take No Prisoners [Rust in Peace]

or something slightly more recent....

Kick The Chair [The System Has Failed]

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uVYwLU63G_M