The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Not sure about catching Slayer, Ned Jnr and I have been on a good run of concerts recently but standing at Metallica was mental enough to confirm we'll avoid standing at Slayer and sitting just sounds utterly shite.

Not a big fan of Anthrax TBH, there's some good stuff but for me they're a bit meh

Last saw Slayer in 1987 on the Reign Tour - absolutely fucking fantastic

Not sure about catching Slayer, Ned Jnr and I have been on a good run of concerts recently but standing at Metallica was mental enough to confirm we'll avoid standing at Slayer and sitting just sounds utterly shite.

Not a big fan of Anthrax TBH, there's some good stuff but for me they're a bit meh

Last saw Slayer in 1987 on the Reign Tour - absolutely fucking fantastic

I’ve must’ve seen Slayer probably 13 or 14 times over the years but still as keen as ever for this one, especially with it being the last chance. However I’m wondering if it’ll only be an hour or barely over an hour of Slayer with it being one of those 4 band bills... [emoji848] Think that’s what Tom Araya would rather have happening though to be honest.

Agree about Anthrax. Maybe half a dozen songs I like, but generally find them pretty meh too, and I’ve just never been able to take to Joey Belladonna. If it were up to me I’d have binned Anthrax & Obituary so Lamb of God got a longer set.

In other news; I’ll be keeping my eye out for this, but I reckon it’ll probably require a trip over the border...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/page/2

On 5/11/2018 at 11:28, Consolidate said:

Slayer, Anthrax, LoG, Obituary

12/11/18

The Hydro

Good lord...

Who could say no to that....

Would've preferred Anthrax with John Bush but can't have everything..

On 12/05/2018 at 11:16, Wilky1878 said:

I wasn't keen on a lot of the Parkway Drive new stuff to begin with but it has really grown on me recently

I think the new album is really good. Chronos in particular is probably in my top five favourite songs of theirs now.

Seen Obituary plenty times, although they're always excellent. Slayer hmmm, seen them a few times and tbh I don't want to spoil good memories. Anthrax and LoG are frankly filler.
So it's a no for me, Clive.

You’re a bumface for saying that.

I can't get my head around why anyone who likes heavy music would think Lamb of God were filler. Although in saying that I think Slayer are terrible so I'm completely contradicting myself :lol:

I can't get my head around why anyone who likes heavy music would think Lamb of God were filler. Although in saying that I think Slayer are terrible so I'm completely contradicting myself :lol:

You’re the new bumface for saying that.

ETA: What a fucking bumface!

P.S: Slayer ticket purchased this morning! ????

Looks like I’ve left it to long for standing tickets for Slayer so with that in mind can anyone let me know what seating is like at the Hydro? Can you stand during the set or are they quite strict about folk remaining seated? Decent view/sound?

Looks like I’ve left it to long for standing tickets for Slayer so with that in mind can anyone let me know what seating is like at the Hydro? Can you stand during the set or are they quite strict about folk remaining seated? Decent view/sound?

Was on the very top tier at The Hydro for Metallica. The sound was superb and the view was great. Certainly didn’t seem like you weren’t miles away or anything, although they did set up the stage in the centre of the floor.

There were the odd few folk standing here and there but can’t say I seen anyone getting told to sit down by the stewards. I’d imagine at a metal gig though that’d police itself, and anyone standing blocking someone’s view would simply get told to sit the f**k down or go stand on the stairs, then become the stewards problem.

13 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Was on the very top tier at The Hydro for Metallica. The sound was superb and the view was great. Certainly didn’t seem like you weren’t miles away or anything, although they did set up the stage in the centre of the floor.

There were the odd few folk standing here and there but can’t say I seen anyone getting told to sit down by the stewards. I’d imagine at a metal gig though that’d police itself, and anyone standing blocking someone’s view would simply get told to sit the f**k down or go stand on the stairs, then become the stewards problem.

Cheers for the feedback mate. As un-metal as this will sound I'm quite looking forward to sitting down for a metal gig. My feet and back (and body in general) were agony after Metallica and it's a stick on with the bands on this bill that standing will probably be pretty rough. Old age is catching up with me haha.

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Cheers for the feedback mate. As un-metal as this will sound I'm quite looking forward to sitting down for a metal gig. My feet and back (and body in general) were agony after Metallica and it's a stick on with the bands on this bill that standing will probably be pretty rough. Old age is catching up with me haha.

Jings, you've actually made seating seem quite appealing with this post.

Even just a few years ago I wouldn't have remotely contemplated taking a seat at at a metal gig. Changed days :unsure:

32 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Jings, you've actually made seating seem quite appealing with this post.

Even just a few years ago I wouldn't have remotely contemplated taking a seat at at a metal gig. Changed days :unsure:

Aye a younger me would certainly not entertain seating at a metal show, was all about standing and jumping about like a dafty but lately the aches and pains the morning after are giving me grief. The thought of a seat, beer in hand, merch secure, not getting bashed about, no sore back or feet just sounds so appealing to me haha.

I'm in a bit of a pickle as I've only got two days holiday left at work for the year and will need the day off for the gig and the day off after as chances are I'd fancy a few beers and the routine is we normally get a hotel for the night as well. There seems to be plenty seats left at the moment so will keep an eye on it and maybe get my ticket nearer the time.