The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

49 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

£42.50 face value, £5.35 "service change", delivery £2.75.  There is also a 50p levy which is listed as "Facility Charge".  Not noticed that before when buying gig tickets.

The new album is decent and hopefully this will be a wee  warm up for a Tool show in Glasgow next year.

Yeah, the new album has a few solid gold numbers with a fair bit of filler. 7/10. But they are sensational live and not to be missed. 

Entirely agree on the Tool.

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 08:01, Dunning1874 said:

Lords of the Land day is here. f**k yes.

Your review of the day?

I gave it a miss this year, Bloodbath and Lawnmower Deth were the only bands I would have been really up for seeing.

I had a great day there but I must admit I was very, very drunk. To the point I couldn't properly appreciate Dark Angel which I am annoyed at myself for.

Bloodbath were the definite highlight, but that was always expected. A simply incredible band and I'm buzzing for seeing them again at Bloodstock.

I was very impressed with Vallenfyre having never listened to them before and was looking forward to getting into them, only for them to announce at the end of the set that they're chucking it :lol: Cannabis Corpse were great as well, but the only band I was disappointed with were Carpathian Forest.

Certainly a better day out than going to watch Morton lose in fucking Livingston.

North of the Wall warm -up show #1 tonight.

Uir, Saor and Sojourner.

Missed Uir thanks to Castlecary traffic hell, which I'm annoyed about as they were great when I saw them last year. Saor were musically spot on as usual, although the mix was, erm, mixed, and the backing vocals unheard. They seem to have really beefed up the guitar sound though, which is a bonus. Andy only said about two words though, very subdued compared to, again, the last time they played Glasgow.

Sojourner were interesting - seven of them lined up across the stage with drummer behind. Flautist and keyboardist included. Mixed screamy/roaring male and female vocals and decent tuneage, but the flautist and female singer were a bit flat sometimes. One of their first ever gigs I think though, so time to improve. Maybe Andy Marshall was annoyed at supporting them, that's the issue...

Suppose it isn't exactly metal as such..... but lots of metallers love the music of Rush, especially the early stuff, so just to say if anyone is in Edinburgh tomorrow night then Bannerman's Bar in the Cowgate have a 3 piece Italian tribute band with the fitting name "La Villa Strangiato" playing.  Having seen them before I can say they are superb at delivering the music and are great fun as well. £8 in advance (probably a tenner on the night).

If anyone sees me say hi, I will be found at the bar then down the front!

la villa bannermans.jpg

1 hour ago, Consolidate said:

Slayer, Anthrax, LoG, Obituary

12/11/18

The Hydro

Good lord...

Tickets on sale next week. Bit low on cash but will be doing everything in my power to get tickets for this. I'd kick myself if I missed out. Should be quite the experience and with that line up I'd suspect standing will be absolutely mental.

Holy Moly. I've actually never really cared for Slayer much, but I will definitely be attending to watch the God that is Mark Morton in a venue that sounds as good as the Hydro does.

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Obituary -->bar for an hour or two ---> Slayer.

Sounds no bad for an evening. Wait until I see the fucking nonsense they are charging for it though.

£45.40 - £56.75 + P&P according to The Hydro website.

https://www.thessehydro.com/events/detail/slayer

Hoping to get my ticket as a birthday present, not sure I can count on my older sister getting it after buying my nephew a drum kit for his 2nd birthday.

Edited by NorthernLights