The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

It's called Legacy of the Beast because of the comics and game of the same name. So I'm guessing the name isn't much of an indicator to what hits will be played. I'm thinking just a general hits set from all over the shop since a timeframe wasn't specified in the statement.

Either way, I'm in.

17 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Aberdeen feck! Might try Newcastle but that's choosing a Tuesday over a Saturday.

Not seen them since the 80s !!

Apparently the Aberdeen venue is a pain to get to, whereas Newcastle Arena is five minute walk from both bus and train stations.

5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

It's called Legacy of the Beast because of the comics and game of the same name. So I'm guessing the name isn't much of an indicator to what hits will be played. I'm thinking just a general hits set from all over the shop since a timeframe wasn't specified in the statement.

Either way, I'm in.

If they play Ancient Mariner on this tour they may need to take me out of the place on a stretcher! :lol: 

Edited by IainMorton

A description of the tour.

The concept for the Legacy Of The Beast World Tour was inspired by Maiden’s mobile game and comic book of the same name and the stage set design will feature a number of different but interlocking “worlds” with a set list covering a large selection of Eighties material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity.

The original teaser had For The Greater Good Of God playing with  an Aces High reference.

Now onto the artwork.  I can guess some of the others on the set by the references

Number Of The Beast

The Trooper

Flight Of Icarus

The Clansman

2 Minutes To Midnight/Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

Revelations

Flash Of The Blade?

Powerslave

Fear Of The Dark

Anything else from Piece Of Mind/ Seventh Son/Somewhere in time

newsstory.jpg

Edited by Del79

Been a while since there's been a massive difference between the Hydro and other places. You can get more expensive seats at the Hydro but the vast majority are the same. Infact, there's gigs that you can actually get cheaper tickets at the Hydro than you can in Aberdeen. That's certainly the case for the Killers and Stereophonics gigs coming up.

Edited by Randy Giles

18 hours ago, Del79 said:

It's either Aberdeen or Newcastle for me. If I can find a bus or train that has a late enough return time to Glasgow, I will book it. Otherwise, I may have to look for accommodation.

Saw Maiden in Newcastle in the summer. There is a Jury’s Inn hotel almost on the doorstep of the venue, and it’s within walking distance from bus/train stations too.

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

Saw Maiden in Newcastle in the summer. There is a Jury’s Inn hotel almost on the doorstep of the venue, and it’s within walking distance from bus/train stations too.

Cheers for the info. We will probably go to Newcastle as everything is more central and it is a slightly shorter train journey from Glasgow.