The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

The ones who missed the start probably showed up about 15 minutes before Metallica were due to start. Weather permitting I’ll be there about 3pm so hopefully no issues for me :lol: 

From what I’ve read people said they turned up at half 6 and even when the doors opened the queue never moved for whatever reason. At Maiden this year in May we literally walked in security weren’t bothered with whatever entrance you chose to queue up in. By luck our line was only about 10 deep.

Two tix for Metallica on Thursday available.  [mention=46541]8MileBU[/mention]

You'll need to be there and meet with the wife and I to get in. Tickets are in a different block so don't worry you don't have to sit beside us and endure my rotten patter.

Only just seen this mate - Are they still available? Let me know and I’ll ask the boy I know.

ETA: Sent you a DM on Twitter.

53 minutes ago, Raithie said:

From what I’ve read people said they turned up at half 6 and even when the doors opened the queue never moved for whatever reason. At Maiden this year in May we literally walked in security weren’t bothered with whatever entrance you chose to queue up in. By luck our line was only about 10 deep.

I was lucky at Maiden as I got early entry through the fan club and was on the barrier :D 

Schedule has been posted for Thursday night. Two and a half hours between doors opening and Metallica so should be ok.

989C352D-DE6E-4575-A0E4-2446A56CA966.png

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Black Sabbath The End Of The End last night.........most enjoyable although I thought it was going to be the whole final show but maybe that's on one of the formats? It was a shame Bill Ward couldn't bury the hatchet for one last show.  Don't know if they played anything from the Dio era on the final tour as Heaven And Hell is my favourite album of theirs.

Saw Ozzy on his very first solo show at Glasgow Apollo 1981 maybe? Crazy Train tour...........when the curtain went up he was shaking in apparent fear but went onto put on a great show.

4 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Will definitely be going to this one. Still not seen Trivium yet.

If you're going to see Trivium then this tour will be a good time to see them.  The support line up is ridiculously good.  I really like Code Orange and Power Trip and I've heard some good things about Venom Prison but not listened to much of their stuff before.  I'll have seen Code Orange for the first time next month in New York at the DEP final show and I've been wanting to see Power Trip since I first listened to their latest album.   

Ozzy was a fairly predictable, but fairly decent announcement for DL. Avenged Sevenfold doing the Spanish DL kinda hints at what people suspected already about them doing the UK one. Which leaves one spot up in the air.

As for Trivium, I'm enjoying the new album so I'm game for that.

Ozzy was a fairly predictable, but fairly decent announcement for DL. Avenged Sevenfold doing the Spanish DL kinda hints at what people suspected already about them doing the UK one. Which leaves one spot up in the air.

Metallica reported to have hinted it during their Birmingham gig the other night, though I don’t know what exactly was said.

I'm guessing they're doing their own big shows next year if it's true they're not doing any festivals.

I heard that as well re them apparently not doing festivals, and there’s every chance that them apparently hinting at Download at their Birmingham gig is just me misinterpreted or lazy journalism based on Metallica saying “We’ll see you again real soon!”

Next Download announcement at 9am, probably be Avenged Sevenfold.

Bloodbath headlining Lords of the Land, tremendous booking for them. Though I'll still be able to be the dickhead lording it over my mates because I've seen them with Akerfeldt and they haven't.

Avenged Sevenfold confirmed as the second headliner for today's announcement. 

I can't see Foo Fighters headlining here and if the final headliner isn't Metallica or Guns n Roses (not that I particularly want either of them), the UK fest could look pretty weak.

Aye, next announcement is make or break for 2018. Even if they can't get GNR or Metallica they could still have a decent year if they were to get someone a decent size who's never headlined before, say Green Day as an example, but if they're bumping up someone like QOTSA or BMTH they're looking at two small attendances in a row.

With this in mind I wouldn't be massively surprised if Maiden are back again despite only playing last in 2016. People don't like the repetition, but ultimately Ozzy - A7X - Maiden is still going to sell a lot more tickets than Ozzy - A7X - QOTSA. Of course, they might have GNR after all.