The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Anyone listen to Kvelertak? Checking them out on Spotify just now as they are supporting Metallica next week. Sound quite decent from what I’ve heard so far.

Is it just them supporting or are Avenged Sevenfold there too? Disappointed Volbeat winna be there as they supported in the states.

2 hours ago, jim999 said:

Is it just them supporting or are Avenged Sevenfold there too? Disappointed Volbeat winna be there as they supported in the states.

Only one support band unfortunately. Yeah was hoping for Volbeat too they would be much better support but America always seem to get better tours than we do :( 

13 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Avenged are too big here to support in arenas.

It’s a strange one cos even though they are big enough to headline arenas here, they would be the perfect support act for Metallica or Maiden on an arena tour.

Saying that, I still think my perfect gig would be Metallica - Volbeat - Trivium - Ghost. I would die if that tour ever happened over here!!

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Checked them out but did not like. Might be different live.

Likewise.

I love that Metallica hand-pick their support to give a push to bands they actually like, it's great for the industry and a genre that's awash with Pay-To-Play support slots (Oh hello Sharon Osbourne, I didn't see you there...), but given Metallica could have literally any band in the world as their opening act, the bill often seems a bit meh.

Kvelertak are tremendous live, although admittedly I've never seen them in an arena and it's hard to say how their sound will come across on a bigger stage. I've seen them be great at outdoor festivals, but they're definitely the type of band suited to small venues.

Anyone listened to the new Black Dahlia Murder album? It's absolutely brilliant.

Is it a new place or was it previously known as something else? As I said, never heard of it until I seen Sepultura’s tour dates.

I'm not sure of it's history but I'm pretty sure it's relatively new, it's an old warehouse that's been turned into a venue. It's out by Patrick as well so not close to city centre like most of the venues. I've only been a couple of times but I was pretty impressed.

Two tix for Metallica on Thursday available.  @8MileBU

You'll need to be there and meet with the wife and I to get in. Tickets are in a different block so don't worry you don't have to sit beside us and endure my rotten patter.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

On 10/20/2017 at 22:04, 8MileBU said:

Is it a new place or was it previously known as something else? As I said, never heard of it until I seen Sepultura’s tour dates.

Aye it's the old warehouse next to Clydeside Galvanisers.

The two gigs i've seen there (Russian Circles/Chelsea Wolfe and Sunn O)))) were both great. Sound was spot on. 

Reading the Metallica forum and seems the gig in London last night was a nightmare with quite a lot of people missing the start of their set due to the security checks. Seems certain entrances were enforcing it and other entrances weren’t. Read one poster saying it took an hour and a half to get in and another poster saying it took them 10 minutes.

46 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Reading the Metallica forum and seems the gig in London last night was a nightmare with quite a lot of people missing the start of their set due to the security checks. Seems certain entrances were enforcing it and other entrances weren’t. Read one poster saying it took an hour and a half to get in and another poster saying it took them 10 minutes.

5j9j1.jpg?a418992

46 minutes ago, Raithie said:

The ones who missed the start probably showed up about 15 minutes before Metallica were due to start. Weather permitting I’ll be there about 3pm so hopefully no issues for me :lol: