The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2017 at 10:59, Sauzee#4 said:

Aside from the fact the video is a masterpiece, I'd genuinely rate this as up there with their best work.

Agreed. To be honest I've always found Architects a bit hit and miss, but when they're good they are fucking outstanding and this firmly goes into that category.

2 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I think they've been firmly in the hit category for a good while now.

Hard to argue with that, LF // LT and AOGHAU were both album of the year contenders. The last dodgy number I can remember them doing was Behind The Throne and even then I think Daybreaker was a decent album overall.

I still maintain that Black Blood has one of the sickest riffs I've ever heard too.

They'll probably be hit or miss with folk here but Cannibal Corpse have released a new song, Code Of The Slashers. Pretty good solid stuff from the veterans. Been told they're playing the ABC in Glasgow next March with Black Dahlia.

On 9/19/2017 at 18:49, Raithie said:

They'll probably be hit or miss with folk here but Cannibal Corpse have released a new song, Code Of The Slashers. Pretty good solid stuff from the veterans. Been told they're playing the ABC in Glasgow next March with Black Dahlia.

Same night as At The Drive-In hit Glasgow. Annoying clash that one :thumbsdown

On 9/27/2017 at 17:29, 8MileBU said:

Oooh very tempting, I've always wanted to see Machine Head so will probably look to buy tickets shortly.

In other news is anyone else heading to Metallica at the Hydro this month? See there's been a fair bit of media reports ahead of this gig regarding entry with talk of strict ID checks and possible cross referencing against the bank card used to buy the ticket. Interestingly my confirmation email from Ticketmaster mentions nothing about needing to bring  ID or the bank card used to purchase the ticket. Hopefully no one gets caught out with this when turning up. 

Oooh very tempting, I've always wanted to see Machine Head so will probably look to buy tickets shortly.
In other news is anyone else heading to Metallica at the Hydro this month? See there's been a fair bit of media reports ahead of this gig regarding entry with talk of strict ID checks and possible cross referencing against the bank card used to buy the ticket. Interestingly my confirmation email from Ticketmaster mentions nothing about needing to bring  ID or the bank card used to purchase the ticket. Hopefully no one gets caught out with this when turning up. 

Machine Head are fucking ferocious live & hoping the new albums a belter.

Me & the missus are heading to Metallica at the Hydro this month. I did see something mentioned on the website about ID checks & the card used to book the tickets needing to be present. I’m hoping this isn’t a big problem because our computers at work block ticket sites, so I got my brother to book ours and transferred him the money. Also - Has anybody going to Metallica received their tickets yet?

Machine Head are fucking ferocious live & hoping the new albums a belter.

Me & the missus are heading to Metallica at the Hydro this month. I did see something mentioned on the website about ID checks & the card used to book the tickets needing to be present. I’m hoping this isn’t a big problem because our computers at work block ticket sites, so I got my brother to book ours and transferred him the money. Also - Has anybody going to Metallica received their tickets yet?

My ticket arrived months ago.