The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

• 2 weeks later...

Falloch have released their new album online.  It was finished over a year ago but the label they were on didn't want it.  

Personally I can see why.  They've taken a risk and done something different but it sounds like a mess and I really dislike the vocalist.  

Almost speaking of ex Falloch members, did you go and see Saor in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago?
Pulling bigger crowds now, headlined to 300 punters in London and getting some Euro action too.
They/he is really progressing nicely with them. New live lineup really good.

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Almost speaking of ex Falloch members, did you go and see Saor in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago?
Pulling bigger crowds now, headlined to 300 punters in London and getting some Euro action too.
They/he is really progressing nicely with them. New live lineup really good.

I did have a ticket but didn't go in the end.  The previous two weekends were pretty hectic as I spent most of them travelling to Spain and back.  I really needed a weekend at home!  They had improved so much between NotW 2015 and the NotW 2016 warmup show.  I can only imagine they continue to improve.

I did go and see Hideous Divinity in Glasgow on the 1st of July.  I was flying out to Spain the next day so needed something to fill up the evening.  It was a decent night of death metal but the crowd was in single digits in terms of numbers.  Been a wee while since I'd been at a gig with as few folk as that.

New Trivium song/video...

April next year is going to be ridiculous for heavy music in Scotland.

North of the Wall has been announced and will be held at The Garage this year.  Good news that they've finally found a single venue to host it in.  I went to the 2016 edition and having to walk between venue in the rain wasn't great.

https://www.facebook.com/northofthewallfestival/

Lords of the Land 2018 has been confirmed as well.

https://www.facebook.com/lordsofthelandfestival/

And finally Heavy Scotland is back for a second year.

https://www.facebook.com/events/122218705047954/

Hopefullly given the fact that Heavy is at the end of March/start of April and North of the Wall is at the end of April that means LotL will fit in nicely between those two.

7 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Just realised that I'll be in New York when the Dillinger Escape Plan are playing their final ever show in December :o

DO IT

Just about to leave for Bloodstock, first one in four years for me.

9 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

DO IT

Just about to leave for Bloodstock, first one in four years for me.

I posted about it on Facebook last night and then before I know it this morning I get a WhatsApp message from the girlfriends dad saying thats the tickets bought as an early Christmas present.  Really looking forward to see Code Orange as well who are the main support.  Never been to a gig outside the UK before.

Not sure the girlfriend knows what she'll be letting herself in for!  

Girlfriend has now listened to some DEP and has accepted her fate.  The general sale sold out in minutes and there are now folk selling them for around $200 to $500 a ticket.  Really glad her dad was able to get us tickets via a pre-sale link!

Is your better half even into metal NL? If no then DEP isn't half chucking her in at the deep end! [emoji1]

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Is your better half even into metal NL? If no then DEP isn't half chucking her in at the deep end! emoji1.png

If we drew a Venn diagram of our musical tastes we share it tends to be around bands like Biffy Clyro and Manic Street Preachers with the odd outlier like when I played her some Devin Townsend Project stuff,

I am taking her to Metallica in Manchester later this year and I think she'll enjoy that.

If we drew a Venn diagram of our musical tastes we share it tends to be around bands like Biffy Clyro and Manic Street Preachers with the odd outlier like when I played her some Devin Townsend Project stuff,
I am taking her to Metallica in Manchester later this year and I think she'll enjoy that.

My missus has always liked a bit of rock, stuff like GNR and some Metallica stuff she'd heard. The first gig I took my missus to was Machine Head at the Barrowlands, and purposely stayed in the boozer up the road until my mate text and said the support bands were done. Her first words when Imperium kicked in to start were 'Holy f**k!' [emoji1]

We're going to Metallica at The Hydro in a couple of months, she loves them though.

I posted about it on Facebook last night and then before I know it this morning I get a WhatsApp message from the girlfriends dad saying thats the tickets bought as an early Christmas present.  Really looking forward to see Code Orange as well who are the main support.  Never been to a gig outside the UK before.
Not sure the girlfriend knows what she'll be letting herself in for!  

Enjoy! Looks an excellent gig! Saw Code Orange supporting Gojira in March and then again at Download. Absolutely loved them.