The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Sweet, will be getting tickets for this. I signed up for one of their fan clubs a while back which, according to their site, gives me advance ticket sales from this coming Tuesday more so than waiting til general sale on the Friday. Pity about the crazy ticket price. Seen on Ticketmaster tickets go up to £96? Anyone reckon that'll be for standing? If so that's pretty crazy considering I'm going to Maiden in May at the same venue and paid about £65 for a standing ticket. Maiden and Metallica in the same year though :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Sweet, will be getting tickets for this. I signed up for one of their fan clubs a while back which, according to their site, gives me advance ticket sales from this coming Tuesday more so than waiting til general sale on the Friday. Pity about the crazy ticket price. Seen on Ticketmaster tickets go up to £96? Anyone reckon that'll be for standing? If so that's pretty crazy considering I'm going to Maiden in May at the same venue and paid about £65 for a standing ticket. Maiden and Metallica in the same year though :thumsup2

What part of the fanclub did you join? I signed up to the free one, does that mean I get presale tickets or do you have to pay for something extra to get a presale?

I wish some of these bands had more legible logos so I can youtube them and give them a listen to. Can someone translate that line-up for me in a less jaggy, spikey font?! [emoji1]

Agreed. As a veteran of NWOBHM era and earlier it comes across as a bit naff.

15 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

What part of the fanclub did you join? I signed up to the free one, does that mean I get presale tickets or do you have to pay for something extra to get a presale?

5th Member Membership Club. Definitely free and definitely eligible for pre sale tickets. On the fan club part of their website look for the gig date and you click on ' get code' which you need when going to buy the tickets. The link to buy tickets will be on the same site that I'm guessing will re-direct you to Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster also showing the various options for pre-sale tickets and it's open to that particular fan club. If ordering via the club it's from 10am Tuesday to 12pm the following day. My mate done this before and said the bulk of their last gig in 2009 sold out through pre sale tickets leaving not much left for general sale.

Yeah that's the one I have. Actually checked it ten minutes ago and I have a presale code ready to go. Bit of a pain as I'll be working at 10am next Tuesday, and considering it's free I'm guessing the presale will sell out pretty quickly. <_<

I see one of their VIP packages dubbed the Hardwired Experience gets you the following:

• A premium reserved seat in the first two rows.
  • Entry through a specific entranced dubbed the Through The Never entrance.
  • Meet and greet.
  • Group photo with the band.
  • Autographed set list.
  • Access to the 'Sanitarium Rubber Room' with two free drinks (cash bar), buffet and access to a Metallica exhibit.
  • Poster.
  • T-shirt.
  • Private merch shopping.

Going on the basis standing for a general punter looks to be in the region of £96 I'd guess that above package will be very pricey.

heading down to glasgow next weekend as the missus has got a training thing for her job, leaving me a full day looking at record shops! :D Whats the best place to go for reasonably priced records/vinyl? Had a look online a saw a couple of places but fancy picking up a few bargains.

Edited by jailend-chapper

5 hours ago, jailend-chapper said:

heading down to glasgow next weekend as the missus has got a training thing for her job, leaving me a full day looking at record shops! :D Whats the best place to go for reasonably priced records/vinyl? Had a look online a saw a couple of places but fancy picking up a few bargains.

http://www.monorailmusic.com/

I see one of their VIP packages dubbed the Hardwired Experience gets you the following:
  • A premium reserved seat in the first two rows.
  • Entry through a specific entranced dubbed the Through The Never entrance.
  • Meet and greet.
  • Group photo with the band.
  • Autographed set list.
  • Access to the 'Sanitarium Rubber Room' with two free drinks (cash bar), buffet and access to a Metallica exhibit.
  • Poster.
  • T-shirt.
  • Private merch shopping.
Going on the basis standing for a general punter looks to be in the region of £96 I'd guess that above package will be very pricey.

Between £800 & £2100 apparently.

Around £100 a ticket, they can do one as that's well out of order. A rich band trying to grab even more cash from their fans.

The venue's determine the ticket prices allegedly.

This isn't an issue exclusive to Metallica. Prices at academy size and upwards have doubled plus over past six or so years whereas inflation and wages in general haven't. Metallica in 2008 was £40 for standing. It's now pushing a hundred. In that gap that increase is fucking mental and pushes myself and many others out the picture, credit card debt accepted. What is the breaking point. Arena sized bands charging £200 as standard? Touring is more expensive then ever but there's a fair price the consumer should pay. This isn't it.

This isn't an issue exclusive to Metallica. Prices at academy size and upwards have doubled plus over past six or so years whereas inflation and wages in general haven't. Metallica in 2008 was £40 for standing. It's now pushing a hundred. In that gap that increase is fucking mental and pushes myself and many others out the picture, credit card debt accepted. What is the breaking point. Arena sized bands charging £200 as standard? Touring is more expensive then ever but there's a fair price the consumer should pay. This isn't it.

Just as we've got used to the idea that the person next to you on the train or plane didn't necessarily pay the same price as you dynamic pricing is probably the way things are going

The secondary markets like seatwave and viagogo already allow promotors to squeeze more money out of the last few tickets for a sold out show or offload surplus tickets at a discount if they're not selling well enough at face value.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Promoter is it not?
Regardless the price is that high because Metallica want a f**k load of cash.

Even so, do you think the band members really have a say? If it's got anything to do with Metallica, surely it would be the management?