The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

17 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Correct. It's to be a double CD, over 80 minutes of music, 12 songs. Special edition to have a third CD full of the riffs that led to the songs apparently.

Only their 10th studio album in 30+ years.  First 5 albums were great and the other 4 got steadily worse. Although DM was better than St Anger. Hopeful this one is better again

2 hours ago, Consolidate said:

Dreadful. Really just awful news.

As far as I'm aware they never made his illness public until now.  A friend messaged me on Sunday morning and it didn't really click at first.  

Horrible to hear someone passing away so young.  When you consider the quality of their last few albums it only makes it worse as they seemed like band that were heading in the right direction.  It seems he was the main person in the band when it came to the lyrics and music as well.  I'm glad they'll tour the current album but I'd totally understand if they called it quits after that.

As far as I'm aware they never made his illness public until now.  A friend messaged me on Sunday morning and it didn't really click at first.  

Horrible to hear someone passing away so young.  When you consider the quality of their last few albums it only makes it worse as they seemed like band that were heading in the right direction.  It seems he was the main person in the band when it came to the lyrics and music as well.  I'm glad they'll tour the current album but I'd totally understand if they called it quits after that.

Think it was made public his initial diagnosis. Possibly only after he was in remission. Don't think his relapse was ever known. Got tickets for the tour and it will be a very interesting atmosphere.

Anyone listened to the new Sabaton album? I'm liking it.

Late to the discussion here but I'm not too keen on that new Metallica song. It's nice to hear them going for that heavy but put that on Kill 'Em All and it's the weakest track there. Not that I want them to be making Kill 'Em All again, but that's clearly the sound they're going for with that one and in the grand scheme of thrash songs it's very meh. The lyrics :lol:

10 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Unbelievably, they're on the same weekend. No brainer for me though, I'm not missing Autopsy and Primordial for anyone.

I hadn't noticed that when I first posted the links.  Amazing how they've managed that!  Yea, right now LoL looks the better of the two.  I saw Primordial at Damnation last year and they were great.  

On 27/08/2016 at 20:28, Dunning1874 said:

Anyone listened to the new Sabaton album? I'm liking it.

:lol:

An improvement on heroes and Carlos rex, a few of songs are bit meh and the Bannockburn one was a bit cringey.

On 18/08/2016 at 21:55, NorthernLights said:

James is swearing,  how quaint. It's ok but a bit ... Heard it before to it/meh.

6 hours ago, Mik said:

Testament just released the title track for the new album

Fucking belter of a track, wasn't sure of the chorus and vocal spacing at first but it's a solid effort. Should sound amazing live.

Fcuk aye, even your avatar cats heidbanging. Chorus does seem a bit oot but great song.

I see North of the Wall have announced their full line up and I can say I've only heard of a couple of bands on their line up.

https://www.facebook.com/thenorthofthewall/

It is over 3 days and tickets are £74.  Its changed a lot when I first went in 2015 and it was one day event and £15.  I'm going to give it a miss this year.  They've clearly decided to take the festival in a particular direction.  I hope its a massive success for them but I think something like Damnation or Lords of the Land will appeal to be a lot more next year.