The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I see Temples Festival which was meant to be happening this weekend has been cancelled with just a few days notice - http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Metal-heads-mourning-Bristol-festival-cancelled/story-29342089-detail/story.html

The line up looked really good and had it not been for the fact I'm going to see Deftones and Vision of Disorder this weekend I might have gone.  It was on my list for next year though.  Reading the statement from the organiser it doesn't sound very promising that a future Temples festival will happen.

The new Architects album is absolutely incredible. Definitely the best album I've heard this year and I'd make an argument for it being the best metal album of this century so far.

Yea, its really good.  Not sure I'd got as far as you have with the praise though.  About 9 months ago I wouldn't have given them much time but since then they're a band that has really clicked for me all of a sudden.  Looking forward to the date in Glasgow later this year.

Deftones at Wembley for me on Friday and then Vision of Disorder the next day in Glasgow.  Going to be a good weekend.

apparently the new volbeat album is getting mixed reviews :(

Just about to stick it on now

Its very, very underwhelming on first listen. The majority of the songs are all middle of the road "nice" songs. I prefer a heavy album with a few good wee ditties to break up the heaviness but this is all pretty much similar from song to song. Disappointed so far.

Its very, very underwhelming on first listen. The majority of the songs are all middle of the road "nice" songs. I prefer a heavy album with a few good wee ditties to break up the heaviness but this is all pretty much similar from song to song. Disappointed so far.

100% agree. Doesn't have enough edge to it or heaviness, pretty disappointed.

There's still a few gems in there though.

Edited by Mik

For me Volbeat started going off the rails after Guitar Gangsters. They always had a good blend of tracks but they've slowly removed their "punky" or alternative tracks and now seem to be solely focused on only writing their thrashy stuff. I was underwhelmed with the first couple tracks released off the new album. Almost felt like I'd already heard them somewhere off the last two albums and I haven't bothered listening to anything else since. And this is a band I absolutely loved 8 years ago.

You fuckers should have been born deaf. Metal is the music of the badly dressed , bullied kid. Not surprised to see the shit flinging c**t in this thread. You can only dream about murdering your Ma for so long before you need to grow the f**k up.

You fuckers should have been born deaf. Metal is the music of the badly dressed , bullied kid. Not surprised to see the shit flinging c**t in this thread. You can only dream about murdering your Ma for so long before you need to grow the f**k up.

^^^ Mods n Rockers thread for this pish :angry:

Saw this post and instantly thought of this song

I see Rock am Ring has been cancelled because of weather with 80 folk injured because of lightning. A dozen or so of my mates are there for a stag do. I believe they headed to Düsseldorf at 2am to a hotel. I can't wait to hear their stories when they get back and I'm so glad I didn't go now! Assume they will get refunds of some sort but still a nightmare.