E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

15 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Completely fucked my iPhone 6s on Saturday during the celebrations of our win at Ayr, any idea how much it would be to replace the whole screen?It’s not just cracked the whole display is ruined.

Fairly certain there are two shops relatively close to my work in Dundee that do it for 50/60ish, one of them 2 minutes from the Overgate I'll pass both of them tomorrow, can let you know price when I do? Would probably be cheaper than Timpsons mentioned above, even with the 10% I'd take off you for the tip off.

3 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Fairly certain there are two shops relatively close to my work in Dundee that do it for 50/60ish, one of them 2 minutes from the Overgate I'll pass both of them tomorrow, can let you know price when I do? Would probably be cheaper than Timpsons mentioned above, even with the 10% I'd take off you for the tip off.

At college just now so can pop in myself and get it done, cheers though. Not sure if my phone or myself is in a worse way after that bus journey home tbh

7 hours ago, Cumdog35 said:

Looking for a gaming monitor, 144hz 1ms, 1080p. Best value for money?

Value for Money: Asus VG248QE or BenQ XL2411Z.

If you can afford it however and are interested in a budget curved gaming monitor, the Lenovo Y27G Curved Monitor will suit you perfectly.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active from eBay for £90, in good nick but the battery life is abhorrent. Its obviously a few years old but it depletes from full after at most a few hours use.

Presume its not been used for a while, if I charge and deplete the battery a few times is it likely to improve or is the goose cooked?

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not any help to Gavin but why do they make it so difficult to change batteries in modern phones? Is there any excuse other than persuading you to buy a new phone when it starts failing?

Aye I had a look and it looks a ballache.

The built in obsolescence might be part of it. I think a lot of it is because the designers can make the device look a wee bit sleeker.

Has anyone managed to sort out Skygo on a PC?

Ive tried absolutely everything trying to get a family members pc working with it but I keep getting the 6030 error.

Updated windows 10, reinstalled silver light, renamed files and updated the display adapator driver. No idea. Windows 7 worked fine and it works via a tablet.

Please pm if you know.

thanks

22 hours ago, gavin_3110 said:

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active from eBay for £90, in good nick but the battery life is abhorrent. Its obviously a few years old but it depletes from full after at most a few hours use.

Presume its not been used for a while, if I charge and deplete the battery a few times is it likely to improve or is the goose cooked?

Probably won't help. If its not been used for a while and the battery has been completely depleted because of that, the battery is no longer in good nick. It doesn't do the batteries any good to be completely depleted.

22 hours ago, gavin_3110 said:

If it didn't warn you about the battery life in the advert you could try returning it.

If it didn't warn you about the battery life in the advert you could try returning it.

Probably won't help. If its not been used for a while and the battery has been completely depleted because of that, the battery is no longer in good nick. It doesn't do the batteries any good to be completely depleted.

Yeah, it wasn't mentioned in the advert and condition isn't really as described anyhow. Was an auction from a big seller so just returning it.

Cheers folks.

On 1/15/2018 at 22:40, D.A.F.C said:

Ive tried absolutely everything trying to get a family members pc working with it but I keep getting the 6030 error.

Updated windows 10, reinstalled silver light, renamed files and updated the display adapator driver. No idea. Windows 7 worked fine and it works via a tablet.

Please pm if you know.

thanks

Which browser are you using? Unfortuantly silverlight does not work in any browsers now besides Internet Explorer (not edge) and Firefox Extended Support Release (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/) all other browsers including Edge (from Microsoft itself) have removed the ability to use silverlight.

Try Internet Explorer and let me know if you get the same error.

On 15/01/2018 at 22:40, D.A.F.C said:

Please pm if you know.

thanks

I've had the same infuriating problem since buying my current W10 laptop 3 years ago. Works on my tablet, phone and Mrs Boo's W7. As numerous forums confirm, Sly refuse to fix it.........c***s!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:
2 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:
Best to buy CD burning software or is there anywhere I can get it free without infecting my computer? The inbuilt stuff on my laptop doesn't do the job.

There is free cd burning software but depends what you want me

Nothing too fancy. Audio only CDs for Djing. The most important thing is text info on each track so I can see what tunes I'm selecting. An absolute pain if I don't get any info on the screen of my CDJs which the Windows burner doesn't supply.

13 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Nothing too fancy. Audio only CDs for Djing. The most important thing is text info on each track so I can see what tunes I'm selecting. An absolute pain if I don't get any info on the screen of my CDJs which the Windows burner doesn't supply.

Theres a few out there, although burning audio cds is a bit old school these days. Something like this might work but I guess you'd just have to try them and see if it writes the track info how you want

https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

I need some help. I have a pair of powerline adaptors but they're a few years old now and keep randomly switching off, so maybe its time to upgrade.

Anyone have any recommendations? Not look for anything fancy but they do need to have a plug socket. Passthroughs, I believe they're called. Had a quick look at a  few, is it worth going for the gigabit ones? I have  streaming server which a few local devices use.

Oh, and if anyone wants to tell me which 4K tv to buy for around £500-£600 that would be great too :lol:

Edited by Mr X

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Theres a few out there, although burning audio cds is a bit old school these days. Something like this might work but I guess you'd just have to try them and see if it writes the track info how you want

https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Perfect. Thanks.