E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Anyone ever had a problem where their iPhone thinks headphones are connected even though they aren't? Mine has started doing that, almost certainly because I was running in the rain this morning. So far tried:

• Turning it off and on (obviously)
  • Putting different headphones in and out
  • Turning speaker off and on while making a call
  • Hooking it up to Bluetooth and plugging it into my car
  • Playing about with a couple of options in the accessibility settings
  • Turning airplane mode off and on
  • Blowing compressed air into the headphone socket

Any other suggestions welcome. Going to try rubbing a cotton bud around it later and if that doesn't work I'll put it in a bag of rice overnight in the hope it dries out.

Maybe you should sell it. Hows the volume control?

• 3 weeks later...

Screenshot_20170910-185315.thumb.jpg.9605b786beeb6c27a56d0a50e29db9e9.jpg

I need this website to die.  I'm redirected there all the time, any decent adware killing apps?  Malwarebytes finding f**k all. 

Android phone btw

Edited by itzdrk

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Screenshot_20170910-185315.thumb.jpg.9605b786beeb6c27a56d0a50e29db9e9.jpg

I need this website to die.  I'm redirected there all the time, any decent adware killing apps?  Malwarebytes finding f**k all. 

Android phone btw

Straight away after posting.  

Screenshot_20170910-190941.png

34 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Thank you.  I'll go for the nuclear option once all my photos are updated.  I tried the rest of the steps already. 

Anybody know how to unlock a Vodafone phone. It is my dear old mums. Tried Vodafone chat been assured it will unlock. Nothing. Went too Stirling store today. Guy couldn't give a fek. ( Hope he is not on here ) I have a BT sim for it and they say it is green to go. On line stuff wants you to do surveys etc. My laptop blocks them all. Any help gratefully received.

Anybody know how to unlock a Vodafone phone. It is my dear old mums. Tried Vodafone chat been assured it will unlock. Nothing. Went too Stirling store today. Guy couldn't give a fek. ( Hope he is not on here ) I have a BT sim for it and they say it is green to go. On line stuff wants you to do surveys etc. My laptop blocks them all. Any help gratefully received.

What kind of phone is it?

Not sure if anyone will know the answer to this but worth a shot.

I bought a new laptop at the weekend, an HP Pavilion, and it's going incredibly slow.  Upon investigation i've noticed that the disk usage is running at 100%, I have no idea how it can be like this straight out of the box.  My wife installed Spotify and Chrome but that's literally it and I can't get the disk usage to drop at all.  Any tips to sort this or am I as well just returning it to be fixed?

12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Not sure if anyone will know the answer to this but worth a shot.

I bought a new laptop at the weekend, an HP Pavilion, and it's going incredibly slow.  Upon investigation i've noticed that the disk usage is running at 100%, I have no idea how it can be like this straight out of the box.  My wife installed Spotify and Chrome but that's literally it and I can't get the disk usage to drop at all.  Any tips to sort this or am I as well just returning it to be fixed?

Is there an anti-virus pre installed? If so, check that isnt doing a scan

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Is there an anti-virus pre installed? If so, check that isnt doing a scan

I had installed McAfee, but uninstalled it to see if that'd make a difference and it's not changed at all.  I checked the processes on the task manager and I can't see for the life of me what's causing it to run at 100%.  Makes me think it could be something wrong with the actual machine.

I had installed McAfee, but uninstalled it to see if that'd make a difference and it's not changed at all.  I checked the processes on the task manager and I can't see for the life of me what's causing it to run at 100%.  Makes me think it could be something wrong with the actual machine.

Task manager should tell you what processes are using the disc on the left. I don't use Windows very much now but I'm sure when you first load Task Manager it shows a basic layout. You have to click something like expand, extended or more information to get something like below.

3b6350bfdb393279759cac41534c8364.jpg

Sorry if I'm talking bollocks.

ETA: Does Spotify scan your HDD for music or is it just streaming only?

I'm hoping that someone can help me with a formatting issue on OpenOffice. I'm currently finishing off my thesis and banging my head against a brick wall trying to add page numbers. My document begins in landscape layout and i've managed to add page numbers to a footer without problem. I'm hitting difficulty in the middle of the report because my results section (a good 20 pages or so) is in landscape mode. OpenOffice will allow me to add page numbers to a footer on the landscape pages too but when I get this printed and bound the page numbers on the landscape pages will be sideways. I've spent the best part of three hours googling and playing around with it but I can't figure out if there is a way for my to rotate the numbers in some way, can anyone help?