E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

6 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

Shite PC imo. :whistle

:lol:

Its my old PC that I gave to Mr X jnr. Its not great but its an Athlon X3 unlocked to a Phenom X4 with 8Gb of RAM and now a GTX660TI - more than enough for a 10 year old!

The problem is the HD thats nearly full :rolleyes:

Didn't see a quick question thread on the gaming forum so will stick it here.

Is it possible to play the division without having playstation plus? Got to a siege and it is making me matchmake to go ahead. Dunno if there's a way round that?

10 hours ago, Mr X said:

Its my old PC that I gave to Mr X jnr. Its not great but its an Athlon X3 unlocked to a Phenom X4 with 8Gb of RAM and now a GTX660TI - more than enough for a 10 year old!

The problem is the HD thats nearly full :rolleyes:

Thought as much. :lol:

Not that I was slagging it off as I still have a PC still in use I built for music production back in 2005. Gigabyte DQ6 Quad MB, Intel QX6800, 4GB Geil Black Dragon memory, Tagan 600watt PSU, GTX 275 GFX and multiple sound cards for recording and mixdown and then we come to HDD  space and where I think you've shafted Junior here! HDD drives are ten a penny these days and I'm surprised there ain't at least 500GB or 1TB shoved in there. I have umpteen HDD's lying around just incase I need storage.

Retro gaming on an old OS? That's what I use the above PC for, sometimes the older classics are still the best even though the graphics suck because the game play is far better. :)

Put a new file on my, er, backup hard drive the other day and it seems to have rendered the folder it went into useless. "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." Are the folder and its contents gone forever? If they are, will it affect the space on the HDD?

Put a new file on my, er, backup hard drive the other day and it seems to have rendered the folder it went into useless. "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." Are the folder and its contents gone forever? If they are, will it affect the space on the HDD?

If you acquire a copy of getdataback for ntfs that may recover the file for you.

Bought a new phone from 3 about 3 weeks ago. Since I got the phone I've had a problem. Most of the time when someone calls me and I answer there is nothing. No sound, nothing. none of us can hear each other. I can call them back and it;s fine. Sometimes they will call me back and then I can hear them fine, but its like its just a raffle.

The phone is up to date, it's been given a factory reset, the volume is fine, signal is fine.

Anyone else had a problem like this and how did you fix it?

Bought a new phone from 3 about 3 weeks ago. Since I got the phone I've had a problem. Most of the time when someone calls me and I answer there is nothing. No sound, nothing. none of us can hear each other. I can call them back and it;s fine. Sometimes they will call me back and then I can hear them fine, but its like its just a raffle.
The phone is up to date, it's been given a factory reset, the volume is fine, signal is fine.

I'd be returning that, never mind trying to fix it

23 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Take it back and have it exchanged there is obviously a technical fault. It will probably get worse as time goes by as other faults might or will probably surface. Sounds most likely like a software problem caused by bad circuitry.

How do I make articles from The Sun disappear from my news feed? It's an iPhone 6 and I've already clicked dislike The Sun and picked numerous topics to hopefully tune out The Sun.

It's the newspaper's feed that I'm not so keen on. The thing is the sky is okay.

Getting my Galaxy Note 4 collected on Monday to be recycled by Music Magpie.  They asked me to remove my Samsung account in settings and I've done Wipe Data/Factory Reset in the menu after holding down the power/home/volume up keys.  Is there anything I should do before I hand it over?

11 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Getting my Galaxy Note 4 collected on Monday to be recycled by Music Magpie.  They asked me to remove my Samsung account in settings and I've done Wipe Data/Factory Reset in the menu after holding down the power/home/volume up keys.  Is there anything I should do before I hand it over?

Take out the SD memory card if you had one. Other than that, nope

On 7/16/2017 at 12:35, WeAreElgin said:

I'd be returning that, never mind trying to fix it

On 7/16/2017 at 19:44, hellbhoy said:

Take it back and have it exchanged there is obviously a technical fault. It will probably get worse as time goes by as other faults might or will probably surface. Sounds most likely like a software problem caused by bad circuitry.

Cheers for the advice. I went into three and the guy said the phone needed an update...sure, there was an update there to be done - but my phone was fully updated before when the problem was there. Anyway, i updated it and it seemed to magically fix the phone. I got several people to call me and it worked fine.

Two days later and the problem has resurfaced. Absolutely raging. Just going to get the thing exchanged for a new one.

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Cheers for the advice. I went into three and the guy said the phone needed an update...sure, there was an update there to be done - but my phone was fully updated before when the problem was there. Anyway, i updated it and it seemed to magically fix the phone. I got several people to call me and it worked fine.

Two days later and the problem has resurfaced. Absolutely raging. Just going to get the thing exchanged for a new one.

Quite right mate, deffo bad circuitry. Back in the good old days you could give things a good damn whack to make it work properly if problems occurred. :)

on another note, youtube right now is doing my fucking tits in, every other webpage is flawless ut youtube is shite, videos take ages to load completely if they ever do, nothing else is like this, my internet speed is still showing well over 30mbs and on other devices YouTube is fine

someone with an IQ higher than ine (not very difficult to find someone) help me here

on another note, youtube right now is doing my fucking tits in, every other webpage is flawless ut youtube is shite, videos take ages to load completely if they ever do, nothing else is like this, my internet speed is still showing well over 30mbs and on other devices YouTube is fine
someone with an IQ higher than ine (not very difficult to find someone) help me here

Open an in-private session and that stops any browser add-ons interfering or use a new browser app.
Try this browser. It's quick and you can block ads automatically
https://brave.com

7 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

many times have you been whacked?

I can't remember the amount of times Mrs Hellbhoy has whacked it for me.

7 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Have you tried giving it a good whack? :rolleyes:

Check your installed plug-ins and then google each one you don't know, probably conflicting plug-ins running at the same time. Always happens if rogue software has been installed on the fly installing a program for some other purpose.

Posting this here I’ve also posted on a few other threads:

At the start of the year I decided it was time to start “cutting the cable” and move everything to kodi, my laptop was the first project so I could test addons and create my own “build/onboarding” checklist.

Once my laptop was 99% perfect and I was using it more than my TiVo, nowtv and Netflix I decided it was time to install on a raspberry pi and have that in the living room alongside the above so that the mrs could get used to the interface of kodi - this went well after installing some codecs that didn’t come along with the pi.

One of the biggest complaints I had from the mrs and any visitors was the lack of remote - who really wants to use a Bluetooth keyboard with touch pad when watching the tv? So I’ve bitten the bullet and I’m planning on swapping the pi for my nowtv box although I’m unsure how to go about this - do I really need to reinstall every add on and fine tune everything yet again? Or is there a more simple way like swapping out a xml file?