E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

With the same idea as the General Nonsense equivalent, this thread can be used to ask questions when it doesn't merit it's own thread:

How do you get the iTunes icon on your toolbar on Windows? I mean the one that is at the bottom right of the toolbar. I used to have it but it doesn't exist anymore, it's just better for skipping songs rather than bringing up the program every time.

Edited by forehead7

How do I go about connecting my laptop to tv so I can play DVD's etc on it?

Depending on what connections your laptop and TV support, you would only require a suitable cable, then select the appropriate AV channel using your TV remote.

I have all my files that are on my iPhone on our desktop pc but I want to put the music etc that is on my phone onto my netbook as well. Whats the quickest and easiest way to do this?

That's not a quick question, but a quick search of the forum will unearth the answer for you. There's been a few threads on that topic.

Any ideas on how to turn the 3G on(on a Xperia X10 mini). Updated the software and it's now not doing it automatically.

Did you get it? I don't have one of these devices but I assume there's a widget you could download to turn your data connection on/off.

edit: quick search said "Data Traffic" widget does this.

Failing that you'll have to dig deeper into your settings and see what's there.

Also, are you capable of G, HSPA or Edge?

Edited by Mik

Did you get it? I don't have one of these devices but I assume there's a widget you could download to turn your data connection on/off.

edit: quick search said "Data Traffic" widget does this.

Failing that you'll have to dig deeper into your settings and see what's there.

Also, are you capable of G, HSPA or Edge?

I got the 3G/G before I updated the software. I'll have a look and see what I can dig up

Total tech virgin here. How do I transfer data from my phone (htc wildfire) to my pc??

Anytime i go to intall it, it says to insert disc or something. I never received a disc in the box. Please help P&B

Total tech virgin here. How do I transfer data from my phone (htc wildfire) to my pc??

Anytime i go to intall it, it says to insert disc or something. I never received a disc in the box. Please help P&B

I assume it works similar to mine (HTC Desire). When you connect the phone to the PC via. the USB, do you get a prompt on the phone to "mount as disk drive" ?

If so then choose this option on your phone and then on your computer browse to "My Computer" and there should be a new drive called something like "Removable F:" or "Removable G:".

This is your phone and you will find all your pictures, videos and music etc in here. You can then just copy and paste these files onto a directory on your PC somewhere.

My HTC Legend is making a weird static noise from the speaker. It's as if it's feeding back something, even when i'm not using it for a call.

What's that all about?

Presumably whatever filter prevents the speaker from bleeding into the microphone is broken. Take it back to the shop.

Can anyone tell me if this monitor is a DVI monitor? I'm selling it and somebody asked me it. I ain't got a clue what it means :lol:

Is the plug blue or white? Blue is VGA, white is DVI. You can get an adaptor for about two quid anyway.

This is a silly question but do you need an HDMI cable for your HD tv to show HD from your PS3 to the screen? I just use the normal scart lead but the picture isnt great when playing dvds.

If you don't use an HDMI cable you won't get an HDMI signal. Simples.