Fallout New Vegas

the_russian

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought fallout 3, never played 1 or 2, can't really get into it, am I missing something?

How much time have you spent on it? I was in the exactly the same position as yourself, couldn't get into the game and absolutely hated it(think it was down to the huge amount of freedom you were given that I initially didn't like). Despite not really enjoying it, I started to free roam a bit more and looting random houses and exploring vaults and started to get hooked. Now goes down as one of my favourite games of recent years.

Give it a bit more time, it will grow on you eventually.

How much time have you spent on it? I was in the exactly the same position as yourself, couldn't get into the game and absolutely hated it(think it was down to the huge amount of freedom you were given that I initially didn't like). Despite not really enjoying it, I started to free roam a bit more and looting random houses and exploring vaults and started to get hooked. Now goes down as one of my favourite games of recent years.

Give it a bit more time, it will grow on you eventually.

Same for me, tried it, hated it, gave up. Went back, immersed myself in it totally, and found out that it's one of the best games I have ever played.

Same for me, tried it, hated it, gave up. Went back, immersed myself in it totally, and found out that it's one of the best games I have ever played.

Glad to see I wasn't the only person who was like that!

Did you ever play Oblivion? I went throught the same phase as fallout, absolutely hated the life out it, didn't understand what I was meant to do. Now it is officially my favourite game of all time.

First review of New Vegas they gave it a 9. Says the quests and writing are better than Fallout 3. Think I'll be given hardcore mode a shot. Sounds if it will be like Fallout 3 in that it will take a while to get to the stage were you love the game.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1128811p1.html

Glad to see I wasn't the only person who was like that!

Did you ever play Oblivion? I went throught the same phase as fallout, absolutely hated the life out it, didn't understand what I was meant to do. Now it is officially my favourite game of all time.

I have Oblivion. But never got into it

OK, well I just got FIFA so I will be rinsing that for a while, I will get sick of it and go back to fallout 3! I hadn't spent much time on it, I guess I get used to games which are instantly playable like FIFA/driving games etc.

I just got this from Gamestation there, went in to trade a few games and pre order it and the guy gave me the delightful news that I could take it away today. I also got a wee card to download the mercenary pack which includes.....Lightweight metal armor, A mercenary's grenade rifle, Three super stimpacks and three doctors bags, cheeeeeky!.

The only downside is that I am in work, don't finish till 6 and still have the gym to get out of the way sad.gif !

Feedback from Gamespot is that it's brilliant, but ultimately so buggy that it borderline wrecks your full enjoyment of the game.

Though Bethesda say patches to rectify bugs are imminent.

Aye, they have already released a patch for the PC with the Xbox and PS3 one to follow shortly. Check out this link for some of the bugs including a moonwalking dog.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/112/1129293p1.html

I pre-ordered the x-box version on amazon. The image is of the x-box version but it now says PS3 next to the game name and it says ps3 in the mail saying it has been sent.

Anyone else got this? I have both so not an issue but wanted it for x box.

I'll probably wait a couple of weeks for the bugs to be ironed out before getting this. I still have FFXIII to finish and the new MoH, not to mention F1 2010, so no big deal in waiting.

I hope it's good, though - Fallout 3 is one of my all-time favourite games.

"Obstruction detected. Composition: Titanium alloy supplemented by photonic resonance barrier. Probability of mission hindrance: zero percent."

:D

I pre-ordered the x-box version on amazon. The image is of the x-box version but it now says PS3 next to the game name and it says ps3 in the mail saying it has been sent.

Anyone else got this? I have both so not an issue but wanted it for x box.

Yeah, I've got this as well ordered for the Xbox but it has PS3 next to it.

mine wasn't here yet. i'll prolly not play it until monday or so. got to see the bird the mora. going go-karting and out for two mates buffdays on sat. and all day pub shot on sunday. still also cannot fookin wait

Archived