Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

19 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

To be fair bus lanes are a load of shite, why should cars be shunted just so buses get a free run at it. Still they are all pretty well signposted so thats a shitter, at least its not points.

I think it's great that a vehicle carrying 80 odd people gets priority over you alone in your car.

Walking at the side of the graveyard at dunfermline Abbey and I told the kids to stay off the grass. When they asked why the Mrs told them that was where the dead people lived. Dumbass and has probably terrified the kids for life.
Also shouted to tell me that Dec's wife was pregnant. I asked which one that was and she replied that it was the one that wasn't ant.
Technically correct but not helpful in the slightest.

I think it's great that a vehicle carrying 80 odd people gets priority over you alone in your car.

Heres a crazy idea, teach drivers of buses and cars to be responsible and ensure proper flow of traffic, legislate for vehicles to stop for buses to pull out at certain times and do away with bus lanes. The A82 between Byres Road and Anniesland is a good example of this, bumper to bumper traffic at rush hour yet an entire lane free for the occasional bus.

Heres a crazy idea, teach drivers of buses and cars to be responsible and ensure proper flow of traffic, legislate for vehicles to stop for buses to pull out at certain times and do away with bus lanes. The A82 between Byres Road and Anniesland is a good example of this, bumper to bumper traffic at rush hour yet an entire lane free for the occasional bus.

And do you genuinely believe folk would adhere to that? Would they f**k. The buses in Dumfries have a sign on the back asking folk to let them out. I still see people failing to let them out.

Given we're constantly encouraged to take public transport I've no issue with bus lanes if it helps the buses run on time.

Get the bus, then.

Get the bus, then.

No public transport links which suit my shift pattern and no direct link between where I work and where I stay. Theoretically I’d have to get a bus/train into Glasgow and out to where I work, my journey would take about 2 hours and my car journey is 15minutes. Also f**k getting a bus with all the jakies and gobshites who terrorise public transport. Last time I got public transport someone was stabbed in the next carriage and the ticket queue at Central was 30 minutes long (no ticket machine at my station).

And do you genuinely believe folk would adhere to that? Would they f**k. The buses in Dumfries have a sign on the back asking folk to let them out. I still see people failing to let them out.

Given we're constantly encouraged to take public transport I've no issue with bus lanes if it helps the buses run on time.

If it was law then you could put cameras on the buses and fine folks, not sure exactly how it would work but im sure it could. I know I always let buses out its not that much of an inconvenience, it does annoy me though that bus drivers to a man never acknowledge you doing it.

If it was law then you could put cameras on the buses and fine folks, not sure exactly how it would work but im sure it could. I know I always let buses out its not that much of an inconvenience, it does annoy me though that bus drivers to a man never acknowledge you doing it.

It's illegal to use a mobile while driving or drive in the middle lane of a motorway for so long, but it still happens unfortunately. If you took away the bus lanes it would cause far more problems for the buses and it would be difficult to police those who didn't adhere to the law you suggest.

38 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I'd prefer the bus driver was concentrating on the road than giving me a wee wave out of the window.

Bus drivers are c***s. Not quite as bad as taxi drivers or cyclists, but c***s all the same.

For sake of fairness I should point out that Stagecoach drivers tend to be pretty sound, probably because they get outside of town or whatever. The company evidently seems to have some new policy about hiring good looking eastern European women, which is always a plus.

First Bus (or whatever your city centre equivalent is) however are all c**ts to a man (currently on strike I believe). Stopping for urban pond life and/or traffic lights every ten seconds of your working life would tend to do that. Policy for them is looking at you through a thousand yard stare, with that hint of utter disdain through those soulless eyes.

Not that I get the bus much, like.

My girl did not know what country borders scotland .and I am not joking .

Lassie at my work reckons she couldn't point to Britain on a map of the world. 

I can top that. Sitting having a discussion about countries and she was adamant that turkey was close to africa. So we get the bairns atlas out to show her it’s closer to the middle east.

Then she sees egypt on the map, and says “egypts not in africa” this is despite having a map infront on her, it written in black and white and having being published in all the atlases ever, Yet she wasn’t having it.