Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

You're in Florida. On holiday. Spending quality time with the family, I presume. Each to their own, but reporting faux pas amusements to the PnB masses maybe wouldn't be my top priority...

Probably because he's still in the queue.

27 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

You're in Florida. On holiday. Spending quality time with the family, I presume. Each to their own, but reporting faux pas amusements to the PnB masses maybe wouldn't be my top priority...

To be fair, posting on here's about the most entertainment you'll get at Disney after 8 o'clock. Everybody that goes there with kids - and that's most folk - has been up since 6am and is fucked and in their bed due to the heat, the queues and the screaming weans.

We were staying round the corner from the Boardwalk which is supposedly one of the hubs for nightlife, and pretty much had the place to ourselves after 9pm. One of the most dispiriting places I've ever been is the on-site nightclub there - we walked in at about 11.30 one night, and there couldn't have been any more than 15-20 people in a place about the size of the Barrowlands.

The only night anyone made an effort to stay up was the Fourth of July, when a lot of punters stood about yawning till the fireworks were finished.

Edited by Hillonearth

That's plain not true. Blame the tories for a lot of bad stuff they've done but don't blame anyone for Blair except the British public. 3 election wins 
The public attitude has swung to the right and politics mirrors that. Not the other way around 

What exactly is the right?

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

The faux pas happened the other day.  Sunday's here in our household are spent eating sushi, barbeque and drinking phenomenal amounts of bevvy.  

I get a few minutes to post shite on P&B.

On 2017-5-21 at 23:42, John Lambies Doos said:

What exactly is the right?

You're more than capable of googling that. 

Here's an article from 2010, just after the labour government, which describes a move to the right over the previous 20 years 

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2010/dec/13/social-survey-thatcherite-britain

Edited by whiskychimp
This is OOTMOB, not the politics forum so apologies

• 2 weeks later...

My wife was at a nail bar getting her nails done. Later she told me about the lassies awful small talk.

Nail girl - "that's a nice ring, where did you get it?

Wife - My husband gave me it.

Nail girl - oh, when are you getting married?

had one of the most incredible conversations ever with her earlier on. she thought you couldn't turn a cooker on if a jewish person was in the room incase they were offended.i thought it was some sort of shite joke at first but she was being 100% serious. what an absolute fucking moron :lol: