Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

On 08/09/2010 at 18:06, stimpy said:

While lying in bed one morning after a nightshift, "Don't think you can lie there all day just because you've been up all night".

This was years ago and I still cast it up remorselessly.

My missus is a wee bit like that. Used to get a list of jobs cos I would be in the house all day after a night shift!! Ffs 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wife: "What are you doing"
Me: "Checking the Dunfermline score2
Wife: "What is the score?"
Me: "1-1"
Wife "Who to?"

Evidence Mrs Par is smarter than she lets on (by living with you).
She’s so fed up of your shite she doesn’t listen to you anymore, smart move one. She feigns interest in your interests to keep you paying bills, smart move 2. She knows the pars are shite so assumes they’re losing (smart move 3) but because she hasn’t actually listened to you and isn’t actually interested she’s not noted you’ve actually said it’s 1-1. I like Mrs Par.

Just now, NJ2 said:

Evidence Mrs Par is smarter than she lets on (by living with you).
She’s so fed up of your shite she doesn’t listen to you anymore, smart move one. She feigns interest in your interests to keep you paying bills, smart move 2. She knows the pars are shite so assumes they’re losing (smart move 3) but because she hasn’t actually listened to you and isn’t actually interested she’s not noted you’ve actually said it’s 1-1. I like Mrs Par.

Spookily accurate stuff. 

Just now, NJ2 said:

Just reply “europa league game” and I bet she’s fine with it.

No, I asked her to think about it, what continent do Everton play in and another couple of hints didn't help. To be fair, I was going to watch it on my laptop but she put it on the TV so I shouldn't grumble. 

I once spent a long and painful evening trying to explain to my USAian darling how it could be that David Beckham was allowed to play for Manchester United AND England. Surely he should have to pick between one or the other. She never really did get the concept. Fast forward several years and the fanfare around him signing for L.A. Galaxy.

"Does he still play for England?" asked the light of my life.

"No, he's done with that now." I replied.

I had no idea of the trap I into which I had just walked.

Edited by Shotgun