Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

Just now, welshbairn said:

Sorry, don't understand a word you're saying, switching from Californian hippy to Yorkshire housewife as you do.

You referred to me as dear. So i thought we were becoming closer. I guess i may have misread the signals.

We've recently carried out a bunch of desk moves in our place, and it fell to me to take a wander round this afternoon to do the H&S bit and find out how everyone was settling in in their new locations.

One burd: "I'm not keen on sitting here - when people walk past I'm getting a draught..."

"Okay - while I'm here anything you're needing?"

"Could I get a fan?"

Seriously.

Edited by Hillonearth

On 20/06/2017 at 17:39, Alex_14 said:

I'm looking for a flat at the moment and my girlfriend is absolutely raging that the one me and my future flatmate like (on a bus route to work, close to a supermarket etc) is close to where she'll be staying - about a 10 minute walk. She's genuinely furious and not talking to me because we'll 'be on top of each other.' I'm fucking bemused, she might bump into her other half in the shops - is that even a bad thing?!

On 20/06/2017 at 18:33, Bully Wee Villa said:

She's cheating on you.

Sorry, mate.

15 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

She's definitely sleeping with someone else mate.

10 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

She's definitely getting ploughed off someone else mate. This relationship is over I'm afraid.

defo all this

Sitting on Seacliff Beach earlier, looking at the Bass Rock (like Ailsa Craig, but better - for the benefit of P&B'ers in the west). We were talking about shipwrecks and discussing the various lighthouses in view. Then she points at the lighthouse on the Bass Rock and asks "is that a church?". This is the view..(not my picture but taken in same spot)

82b814d8cbd6bb49335729be36f8d4ee.jpg

Sitting on Seacliff Beach earlier, looking at the Bass Rock (like Ailsa Craig, but better - for the benefit of P&B'ers in the west). We were talking about shipwrecks and discussing the various lighthouses in view. Then she points at the lighthouse on the Bass Rock and asks "is that a church?". This is the view..(not my picture but taken in same spot)

82b814d8cbd6bb49335729be36f8d4ee.jpg

Everyone knows the bass rock is a poor man's ailsa Craig. #fact

3 minutes ago, Panda Pies said:

Everyone knows the bass rock is a poor man's ailsa Craig. #fact

Truth or urban (seaside?) myth I don't know but was on the Waverley as a kid and one of the crew told me the thing had nearly tipped over the previous week as everyone rushed to one side of the boat to watch some seals on Ailsa Craig. Also see submarines and basking sharks near Ailsa Craig, whereas near the Bass Rock it's mainly posh folk on bodyboards. You may have a point. 

On 6/25/2017 at 09:36, Shandon Par said:

Truth or urban (seaside?) myth I don't know but was on the Waverley as a kid and one of the crew told me the thing had nearly tipped over the previous week as everyone rushed to one side of the boat to watch some seals on Ailsa Craig. Also see submarines and basking sharks near Ailsa Craig, whereas near the Bass Rock it's mainly posh folk on bodyboards. You may have a point. 

Don't worry, by the year 3169 there will be no Ailsa Craig as the whole rock will be made into curling stones by then.

Bass Rock will have it's day.

45 minutes ago, Tommy Nooka said:

Don't worry, by the year 3169 there will be no Ailsa Craig as the whole rock will be made into curling stones by then.

Bass Rock will have it's day.

It is estimated that in the year 3164 Bass Rock will sink underneath the weight of all the birdshit on it.

Ailsa will live on through the curling stones it made and Bass Rock will be a long forgotten guano slick at the mouth of the firth of Forth.

Ok ok I win, close the thread.

Our cat killed a mouse last night and the wee thing was lying outside. I noticed it lying there earlier on.

Girlfriend came in and said "the cats killed one of those things with the big noses"

??

I was like yeh a mouse.

"No no not a mouse, one of those things with the big noses".

I knew at this point it would be good. What things?

"Those things with the big noses, awww what are they called? Those things that eat ants".

An aardvark I pondered (surely not).

"Yes!! That's the word I was looking for".

I was going to explain life to her at this point but I just nodded and let her carry on.

Ok ok I win, close the thread.

Our cat killed a mouse last night and the wee thing was lying outside. I noticed it lying there earlier on.

Girlfriend came in and said "the cats killed one of those things with the big noses"

??

I was like yeh a mouse.

"No no not a mouse, one of those things with the big noses".

I knew at this point it would be good. What things?

"Those things with the big noses, awww what are they called? Those things that eat ants".

An aardvark I pondered (surely not).

"Yes!! That's the word I was looking for".

I was going to explain life to her at this point but I just nodded and let her carry on.

I thought she was going to say Jonny Hayes for a minute.

being told "its impossible to overdose on pain killers because they aren't dangerous drugs".

My missus is bad for saying "oooohhhhhh you've taken 2 paracetamol only a couple of hours ago now you are taking another 2, you're supposed to wait 4 hours in between, that's bad for you".

Which is all well and good if she wasn't partial to taking lines off toilets in nightclubs and in strangers houses.