Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

Read that earlier somewhere else and it riled me. They were looking for sympathy as if they'd been hard done by that the company "doesn't warn people" about making those kind of mistakes. How could you not be shocked to find that your overly cheap flights to Vegas were that price for a reason?

Also did she not noticed that the flight time would have been 6hrs 30mins (yes, I googled it)? What sort of aircraft can fly from the UK to Vegas in that time?!?! :lol:

Is it just me that when I do something incredibly stupid doesn't want to tell the world that I'm thick?

It's bad enough you're a moron hen but don't promote the fact eh

Same principle as the Jeremy Kyle show I suppose; most people of sound mind like to keep their issues and personal problems private. As you mention above, if I'd made a giant arse of something i would prefer to keep it to myself.

But there seems to be a whole set of people who revel in the fact that they are simpletons and enjoy sharing their stupidity with others.

I'd also assume that they will hope to get donations so they can actually realise their holiday to Vegas.

Missus came in yesterday with fingers cut to pieces and covered in oil. She explained she had badly kerbed a wheel on her car and as it looked so bad she decided to rub the chewed up area with her fingers to try and make it look less obvious. Still has bits of blood, metal and pus coming out of her fingertips this morning. 

Particularly liking the 'both carers for children with special needs' card being played there.

No doubt she'll book a trip Boston and New York to make it up to him, seeing as they're just a two hour drive away over in Lincolnshire.

Same principle as the Jeremy Kyle show I suppose; most people of sound mind like to keep their issues and personal problems private. As you mention above, if I'd made a giant arse of something i would prefer to keep it to myself.

But there seems to be a whole set of people who revel in the fact that they are simpletons and enjoy sharing their stupidity with others.

Joey Essex types.

I would blame a certain female for starting that but she is no longer with us so it seems crass.

Read that earlier somewhere else and it riled me. They were looking for sympathy as if they'd been hard done by that the company "doesn't warn people" about making those kind of mistakes. How could you not be shocked to find that your overly cheap flights to Vegas were that price for a reason?

But but but it's someone else's fault. No doubt there will be some sort of fund set up so they get lots of money and a holiday to Vegas.

Being cynical, selling the story of their stupidity to the papers would go some way to offsetting the money they've lost on flights.

I'd also assume that they will hope to get donations so they can actually realise their holiday to Vegas.

People really need to start clicking on links that are posted on here:

Lastminute.com said although it was not its error, the firm tried to find them alternative flights and contacted the airline and hotel for a refund, but one could not be provided.

Since attracting media attention, the couple have been offered a free five-day holiday to Las Vegas by Virgin Holidays.

I think you're talking about updates from the original story. Here the couple are in glorious video!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-airport-blunder-couple-enjoy-11257686

P.S. I note they've been promoted from care workers to Senior Residential Care Worker and Paediatric Speech Therapist. Well done them!

Edited by welshbairn

That last paragraph (about Virgin Holidays) was not in the original edit, at least not when I clicked on the link and read it so yeah f**k YOU! :P

I walk the dog at night with a bunch of folk who are all slightly older than me, the oldest is around 70.

The old dear in the group turned round to me the other night and said 'we should call ourselves the Gilmerton dogging group'.

We had to tell her what dogging is....