Unpopular opinions.

I actually quite like David Icke quitegood.png
I don't necessarily agree with all of his views. But I do like his principle about questioning everything and not just accepting knowledge as correct, just because most people have been convinced into believing it to be true.
Flat earther spotted

Celtic are doing about what should be expected of them from their seeding etc. Best they can hope for is a decent draw at the group stage so they can aim for Europa league. Would take an exceptionally kind draw for qualification from the group's to be a possibility.

3 hours ago, Crroma said:
16 hours ago, BawWatchin said:
I actually quite like David Icke quitegood.png
I don't necessarily agree with all of his views. But I do like his principle about questioning everything and not just accepting knowledge as correct, just because most people have been convinced into believing it to be true.

Flat earther spotted

He never said the earth was flat m8. Just that you shouldn't automatically assume that it's round just because it's commonly accepted to be true. Fair point imo.

3 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

He never said the earth was flat m8. Just that you shouldn't automatically assume that it's round just because it's commonly accepted to be true. Fair point imo.

Unless you have limitless time, money and intellectual ability you should absolutely accept consensus from experts around the globe on a given subject.

I mean, the fact they’re from around the globe is evidence enough on this particular subject.

A former work colleague of mine was from Dunblane and knew Andy Murray.  He told me he's not a nice man.

Maybe your ex work colleague is a vindictive fantasist and you are a sweetie wife.

A former work colleague of mine was from Dunblane and knew Andy Murray.  He told me he's not a nice man.

Andy Murray moved to Barcelona when he was 15 and since becoming a successful tennis player he’s lived in England. So unless your work colleague knew him when he was a schoolboy then he is most likely talking pish.

I imagine that Andy Murray is to people from Dunblane what Sean Connery is to people from Edinburgh, with a highly unlikely proportion of people claiming some connection.

2 hours ago, The OP said:

Unless you have limitless time, money and intellectual ability you should absolutely accept consensus from experts around the globe on a given subject.

I mean, the fact they’re from around the globe is evidence enough on this particular subject.

I don't accept consensus from anybody, including self declared experts. Unless its been proven to me directly, I keep an open mind about it.

Edited by BawWatchin

9 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

I don't accept consensus from anybody, including self declared experts. Unless its been proven to me directly, I keep an open mind about it.

That’s as moronic a statement as I’ve ever read on here. Makes one wonder if you’re at the windup but a lot of people say things like this in all seriousness. What is most hilarious is their complete inability to evaluate sources gives them a self-superior air.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

That’s as moronic a statement as I’ve ever read on here. Makes one wonder if you’re at the windup but a lot of people say things like this in all seriousness. What is most hilarious is their complete inability to evaluate sources gives them a self-superior air.

Sources can tell you anything. All that's required is for enough time to pass for misinformation to spread far enough until it's accepted as an unquestionable fact.

Most people believing something to be true, isn't proof of it's truth. What's moronic is the failure to understand this and why it matters.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Sources can tell you anything. All that's required is for enough time to pass for misinformation to spread far enough until it's accepted as an unquestionable fact.

Most people believing something to be true, isn't proof of it's truth. What's moronic is the failure to understand this and why it matters.

Where do you stand on gravity, out of interest?