Unpopular opinions.

I prefer winter to summer. I'll go as far as saying I fucking loathe summertime.

My reasons for this are:-

- I hate being too warm. How people enjoy sweat pishing out of them and feel constantly sticking and minging is beyond me. I had a shower last night and within 15 minutes I felt I needed another. In winter it can be freezing but we've warm enough clothing in this era to deal with it. I'd sooner be cold and able to wrap up rather than roasting and only being able to take so much off.

- It seems to bring more scumbags out to the yard with their manky torsos, loud mouths and cheap cider. The SNP have possibly put a stop to the last part, lets hope they can somehow deal with the weather next.

- The smell. 'fresh cut grass is the smell of summer'. Aye, that and folk reeking of BO. In winter folk are covered up so you don't smell it. In summer there are sweaty pits galore. I don't think I go a day without smelling manky BO (granted 50% could be me).

- Light mornings and evenings. In the morning the light will wake me up earlier and at night it'll take me longer to get to sleep. I have blackout curtains as well but it stills seeps through for under the door and the side of the curtains. It also encourages children to go outside later at night. Don't grudge them that of course, it's just a b*****d when you've to be up at 3.30am and you can't sleep for screaming kids or (previously mentioned) scumbags blaring their music at a bbq. And I actually like darker morning.

- The main reason has been left for last: hayfever. Had this b*****ding curse for 17 years now and had been told I'd grow out of it. No such luck and I've resigned myself to the fact I'll never get shot of the c**t. I don't just get a runny nose, I get full blown flow from my nose, itchy and achy eyes, itchy throat, the odd sore head and generally feel run down by the end of a really bad day. I fucking despise the thing and don't think I'll ever enjoy a summer while I have it. Being able to see and breathe clearly in winter makes it a winner for me.

Chinese food is fucking shite 

Give me an Indian,  Italian, Mexican, a Burger or even a good old fashioned fish supper over that horrible sickly gloopy sauce laden shite full of prawns, soy sauce, water chestnuts, noodles and other crap like that.

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I prefer winter to summer. I'll go as far as saying I fucking loathe summertime.

- I hate being too warm. How people enjoy sweat pishing out of them and feel constantly sticking and minging is beyond me. I had a shower last night and within 15 minutes I felt I needed another. In winter it can be freezing but we've warm enough clothing in this era to deal with it. I'd sooner be cold and able to wrap up rather than roasting and only being able to take so much off.

- It seems to bring more scumbags out to the yard with their manky torsos, loud mouths and cheap cider. The SNP have possibly put a stop to the last part, lets hope they can somehow deal with the weather next.

- The smell. 'fresh cut grass is the smell of summer'. Aye, that and folk reeking of BO. In winter folk are covered up so you don't smell it. In summer there are sweaty pits galore. I don't think I go a day without smelling manky BO (granted 50% could be me).

- Light mornings and evenings. In the morning the light will wake me up earlier and at night it'll take me longer to get to sleep. I have blackout curtains as well but it stills seeps through for under the door and the side of the curtains. It also encourages children to go outside later at night. Don't grudge them that of course, it's just a b*****d when you've to be up at 3.30am and you can't sleep for screaming kids or (previously mentioned) scumbags blaring their music at a bbq. And I actually like darker morning.

- The main reason has been left for last: hayfever. Had this b*****ding curse for 17 years now and had been told I'd grow out of it. No such luck and I've resigned myself to the fact I'll never get shot of the c**t. I don't just get a runny nose, I get full blown flow from my nose, itchy and achy eyes, itchy throat, the odd sore head and generally feel run down by the end of a really bad day. I fucking despise the thing and don't think I'll ever enjoy a summer while I have it. Being able to see and breathe clearly in winter makes it a winner for me.

My hay fever definitely takes the shine off of summer for me, but not to that extent. My prescription at least keeps the symptoms down to the usual sneezing, runny nose, itchy throat type stuff and it’s only really if I go and sit in a park all day that it floors me.

My hay fever definitely takes the shine off of summer for me, but not to that extent. My prescription at least keeps the symptoms down to the usual sneezing, runny nose, itchy throat type stuff and it’s only really if I go and sit in a park all day that it floors me.
Mine is so bad that I know before I get out of bed in the morning if it's going to be a bad day or a very bad day. It hit's me straight away. I probably wouldn't be as miserable if I didn't have it. For those who have never suffered with it just imagine a whole summer having a cold.

Give me an Indian,  Italian, Mexican, a Burger or even a good old fashioned fish supper over that horrible sickly gloopy sauce laden shite full of prawns, soy sauce, water chestnuts, noodles and other crap like that.

Shite Chinese food is shite.

Good Chinese food is good.

Maybe it’s just the places you go are the shite places?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

'I lost my faith in the summertime 'cause it don't stop raining.'

Catching up with the biggest weekend stuff from yesterday.

24 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Shite Chinese food is shite.

Good Chinese food is good.

Maybe it’s just the places you go are the shite places?

I've been to several Chinese restaurants with my ex wife's family in Scotland and, in Liverpool where it appears that's all they fucking eat, never once have I 'enjoyed' an actual Chinese meal either there or from any takeaway,  bar the occasional chips/fried rice/curry sauce/prawn crackers combo.

In general, despite trying it several times over the years i've found it somewhere between rank rotten and meh.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Crispy shredded beef? Reads like you're going for the wrong options? Nobody makes a chicken ball like the Chinese...

I've been to several Chinese restaurants with my ex wife's family in Scotland and, in Liverpool where it appears that's all they fucking eat, never once have I 'enjoyed' an actual Chinese meal either there or from any takeaway,  bar the occasional chips/fried rice/curry sauce/prawn crackers combo.

In general, despite trying it several times over the years i've found it somewhere between rank rotten and meh.

I’ve had a load of shite Chinese takeaways in recent years. Maxin in Kirkcaldy was decent but it’s just changed hands.

The last time I had a Chinese at a restaurant was fantastic. It was the Rainbow Arch in Edinburgh. I had salt and chilli squid as a starter and then some pork dish as a main. The only downside to that place is that it shares a toilet with Henry’s Bar next door. And to be fair I’d had 4 pints before arriving, but it did seem good. Even with a toilet that looks like it should be in Trainspotting.

https://www.scotland.org.uk/guide/best-chinese-restaurants-in-edinburgh

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Women are just walking holes to be used for mens pleasure. Everything else about them is a bloody chore that we put up with just to get the hole.

Hiya banana, hiya pal!

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Mine is so bad that I know before I get out of bed in the morning if it's going to be a bad day or a very bad day. It hit's me straight away. I probably wouldn't be as miserable if I didn't have it. For those who have never suffered with it just imagine a whole summer having a cold.

Don't ever live in Kent. If you think it's bad here, you'll be in for one hell of a surprise.

(this advice goes for just about anything, but hay fever in particular)

4 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

You could always try real Chinese food. In China. Numerous different regional cuisines, all good to excellent.

Delivery is prohibitive, granted.

4 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Women are just walking holes to be used for mens pleasure. Everything else about them is a bloody chore that we put up with just to get the hole.

Some truth to that which obviously triggers some sheltered/self-deceiving folk, though the end-game of the pleasure is of course to entice you into spunking your seed into the fertile enclosure.

1 minute ago, banana said:

Some truth to that which obviously triggers some sheltered/self-deceiving folk, though the end-game of the pleasure is of course to entice you into spunking your seed into the fertile enclosure.

Amen brother.