Unpopular opinions.

On 20/06/2018 at 14:08, BawWatchin said:

Who grants them the title of expert? Themselves? Or other people who have been granted the title of expert from yet other people who have been granted the title of expert? Nobody is really an expert in anything. You can't measure expertise when nothing can be proven with absolute, undeniable certainty. You either choose to believe the general consencious about something, or you don't. You're neither right or wrong either way.

The general consensus is that a force called gravity exists, this is supported by theory and has the backing of just about any expert (for expert you can read someone who has long studied the theory and science around it and has qualifications to prove that) in that field. @wisbit says gravity doesn't exist. When someone offered the "proof" to him by telling him to drop a brick out of a window and see what happened he said the brick would fall "because it's a fucking brick".  Are you arguing here that Wisbit is in fact neither right or wrong?

5 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I'm not against council owned properties existing, but I don't like the fact you just 'get' one and the expectation you should be 'given' the keys to a flat/house and pay a very low rent.

Oh so that's how it works? Brilliant! What a time to be alive!

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The general consensus is that a force called gravity exists, this is supported by theory and has the backing of just about any expert (for expert you can read someone who has long studied the theory and science around it and has qualifications to prove that) in that field. @wisbit says gravity doesn't exist. When someone offered the "proof" to him by telling him to drop a brick out of a window and see what happened he said the brick would fall "because it's a fucking brick".  Are you arguing here that Wisbit is in fact neither right or wrong?

Ah what a day that was.

Oh so that's how it works? Brilliant! What a time to be alive!
I know how it works. I think using them for people with a disability, homeless etc is a good use of them. What I don't like is people who don't fall into those categories or who aren't particularly needy feeling that being 'given' a council house is some sort of right.

Don't get me wrong, for a population of 343,000 or what ever it currently is, Iceland have done amazing to not just qualify, but do it automatically for the Euros and the WC ; but if they were from somewhere not nearly as 'exotic' then people would want them papped out asap from the tournament. 

4 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Don't get me wrong, for a population of 343,000 or what ever it currently is, Iceland have done amazing to not just qualify, but do it automatically for the Euros and the WC ; but if they were from somewhere not nearly as 'exotic' then people would want them papped out asap from the tournament. 

They have an excellent set up so it’s hardly surprising yet folk ignore that.

Theyre hardly playing on the streets.

Wearing sandals is absolutely unacceptable in any circumstances. They're fucking disgusting things. An abomination.

Flip flops are only acceptable at a beach, pool side or as protection in a communal shower against verucas. Wearing them out and about in everyday life is a disgrace and completely unacceptable.

53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wearing sandals is absolutely unacceptable in any circumstances. They're fucking disgusting things. An abomination.

Flip flops are only acceptable at a beach, pool side or as protection in a communal shower against verucas. Wearing them out and about in everyday life is a disgrace and completely unacceptable.

Makes it easy to spot paedophiles though so not all bad.

Crocs are even worse.