Unpopular opinions.

People who tweet footballers are absolute weirdos.  Especially ones who tweet things like 'chin up pal' or 'great game mate'.  They aren't personal friends of yours and they have no intention of becoming so.

Edited by Highland Capital

30 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

People who tweet footballers are absolute weirdos.  Especially ones who tweet things like 'chin up pal' or 'great game mate'.  They aren't personal friends of yours and they have no intention of becoming so.

Great post mate, chin up.

They aren't personal friends of yours and they have no intention of becoming so.

What level of footballer are you referring to? I’d imagine there’s a good few people on here who know or are friends with Scottish footballers.

I’m obviously not counting that tool on here who claims to know Cristiano Ronaldo.

One of the better things about supporting a smaller club is being able to interact with the players. Would never class them as friends or even want to be their friends but it’s still good being able to do that.

I find some people to be pretty annoying when it comes to it but don’t see the problem if it’s not OTT or stalkerish.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

What level of footballer are you referring to? I’d imagine there’s a good few people on here who know or are friends with Scottish footballers.

I’m obviously not counting that tool on here who claims to know Cristiano Ronaldo.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

One of the better things about supporting a smaller club is being able to interact with the players. Would never class them as friends or even want to be their friends but it’s still good being able to do that.

I find some people to be pretty annoying when it comes to it but don’t see the problem if it’s not OTT or stalkerish.

Perhaps I just prefer a bit of distance between me and the club, but from the Caley Thistle world, we have some fans who are tweet the players constantly.  Some use their kids to try and get close to the players (how many pictures with the players do they need?!) while others add them all on Facebook.  I can even think of one fan who was sent a letter from the club telling them to back off a few years ago.  If you know the players through work, school, mutual friends or whatever, that's fine, but I think seeking them out and trying to get to know them cause they play for the club you support, is a bit strange.

Edited by Highland Capital

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 hours ago, Highland Capital said:
75 should be the maximum voting age.

Far too late. There was an Asian comedian who got it spot on - over 60 and you shouldn't get a vote. You've likely paid your mortgage and you're not looking for work or a better pension so leave it to folk who's lives it's really going to effect.

I've some sympathy with that view but I'd up it to the state pensions age.  Although, if we're talking about taking the vote away from people because they're done contributing, should all long-term unemployed be disenfranchised too?

10 hours ago, dumpweed said:

Given the amount of folk I speak to who disagree:

Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest ever footballer to have lived.

I'd agree. For some reason people seem to think Messi is the greatest, but for me it isn't even close. CR7 pishes and shits all over Messi.

The SNP and Labour have failed Scotland and ruined Scottish Politics for years to come costing us hundreds of millions of pounds for a parliament we didn’t really need. After seeing what a mess Brexit has caused Independence would be a mess and nobody wants it. The SNP should just give up.