Unpopular opinions.

When I hear Scottish voices on the radio whingeing about something, I cringe.

I can't listen to the absolute c***s on the Kaye Adams thing on BBC Scotland. Whiny fucks who see everything in a negative light. I need to listen to the classical music on Radio 3 after 10 minute of that.

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Office work isn't real work.

Office workers have evolved a totally new language that is incomprehensible to normal people, a bit like the secret languages that demented 8 year old twins invent to communicate with each other without the adults understanding.

On 22/08/2016 at 14:01, banana said:

Wee gigs is where it's at, few hundred to a thousand people. Can't go wrong unless the musicians are pish.

I've always lived to the maxim that the worst live music, even in a pub, is better than the best jukebox. A philosophy which has very rarely let me down.

As far as national anthems go, The Star-Spangled Banner is a top tune.  I love all the patriotic hand on heart nonsense, that the Americans throw in as well.  

Les Marseillaise is my personal favourite. Followed by Italy's.

Climate change/Global warming, it's predicted effects, and our ability to control it are all hysterically overplayed.

Judging the 'correct' climate at any point in time of a 4.5 billion year old environment from the perspective of the length of a human lifetime, or even the length of modern humanity, is a ludicrous exercise. We'd be far better spending money on how to deal with and prepare for effects of any climate change that might happen, as it will, as it always has done, not on trying to keep it at a randomly determined 'correct for the rest of time' state.

Edited by banana

9 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

As far as national anthems go, The Star-Spangled Banner is a top tune.  I love all the patriotic hand on heart nonsense, that the Americans throw in as well.  

tbf it is the only National Anthem to mention the Congreve Rocket :geek

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

This. I'm a salesman used to my own company and I truly believe I'd kill someone if I was stuck in an office with the same people for days/weeks/months. 

I regularly fantasise about killing and/or disfiguring my colleagues in some of the most painful and humiliating ways possible. Today's fantasy involved reversing a van against the fire exit so that they couldn't escape and releasing a swarm of hornets into the office. I'd stand at the front door in a beekeepers outfit armed with a shotgun, executing any motherfucker that tried to get past me.