• 2 weeks later...

The tragic death of Fiorentina captain Davide Astori has brought out all the usual football "banter" merchants who have seized on, erm, no source whatsoever to peddle a story that Fiorentina will give him a contract for life with the wages going to his family.

This was written just after the Chapecoense incident and still rings true today:

http://backpagefootball.com/fake-news-football-tragedies-profit-first-fact-check-late/112688/

Fiorentina, a club still in mourning, now find themselves in something of a tricky position. Because some whopper on the internet has made up some absolute pish for some #numbers and a lot of shitty banter accounts seized on it, if they don't extend Astori's contract for life they're not going to look great.

Edited by RiG

I’m making an assumption here but I don’t think Astori’s family will be struggling too badly for money.

Regarding the actual story it’s pretty easy for the club not to look daft, they simply just need to ignore it and if it gets brought up just say nothing like that was ever discussed.

• 3 weeks later...
Why does the girl from Clarissa Explains It All follow Morton on Twitter.

Its a bit mad, I didnt see Morton, but for some reason she follows Police Scotland, i’d have thought a millionaire american burd who’s never been to Scotland before (presumably) could do more with her time than read about housebreakings in Largs or who won the force golf tournament?