Gambling forum quick questions thread

It's a webform based email system mate, you need to go on to their site and fill out a box on the contact us page and it sends them an email from there. They also have one of those live chat things.

Cheers, I'll need to wiat until this evening in that case.

Around a week ago, I 'withdrew' funds from WHills but as yet, it hasn't appeared in my bank account.

Upon looking at their website, it seems that a withdrawl could be 'reversed', however, it shows that I don't have a withdrawl to reverse. :blink:

Does anyone have any similar stories with the above betting company? How am I best proceeding to get my money?

Thanks.

Around a week ago, I 'withdrew' funds from WHills but as yet, it hasn't appeared in my bank account.

Upon looking at their website, it seems that a withdrawl could be 'reversed', however, it shows that I don't have a withdrawl to reverse. :blink:

Does anyone have any similar stories with the above betting company? How am I best proceeding to get my money?

Thanks.

I will give you my standard answer; phone them or have a livechat with one of their advisors (the people doing the livechat are fucking useless in my experience though).

Edit; the reverse withdrawls are more aimed at you reversing it, rather than them. It's basically a ploy so that if you have some money withdrawn, you may get tempted to reverse the withdrawl within x hours and keep betting with it. They have more chance of winning money off you, and they don't have the paperwork or fees for sending money to your bank account, or a dual transaction if you withdraw it then deposit some more money shortly thereafter.

Double Edit; I had all sorts of arseache trying to withdraw money from them a few weeks ago, they've totally changed some of their processes, they''ll probably try and get you to sign up to the bank transfer scheme, I told them to ram it.

Edited by mid-table

I will give you my standard answer; phone them or have a livechat with one of their advisors (the people doing the livechat are fucking useless in my experience though).

Edit; the reverse withdrawls are more aimed at you reversing it, rather than them. It's basically a ploy so that if you have some money withdrawn, you may get tempted to reverse the withdrawl within x hours and keep betting with it. They have more chance of winning money off you, and they don't have the paperwork or fees for sending money to your bank account, or a dual transaction if you withdraw it then deposit some more money shortly thereafter.

Double Edit; I had all sorts of arseache trying to withdraw money from them a few weeks ago, they've totally changed some of their processes, they''ll probably try and get you to sign up to the bank transfer scheme, I told them to ram it.

Cheers for that. I'll give them a phone tomorrow.

I understand the 'reverse withdrawl' system, but it doesn't seem that's of any matter in this instance.

Ah right, so after the arseache and telling them to ram it, what happened sir? Have you had any joy in retrieving your cash?

Cheers for that. I'll give them a phone tomorrow.

I understand the 'reverse withdrawl' system, but it doesn't seem that's of any matter in this instance.

Ah right, so after the arseache and telling them to ram it, what happened sir? Have you had any joy in retrieving your cash?

Yeah, I removed all my payment types apart from the one I wanted to withdraw onto, and was able to withdraw the money fine.

Yeah, I removed all my payment types apart from the one I wanted to withdraw onto, and was able to withdraw the money fine.

Cool. I only have the one method of payment, as far as I know, so will need to give them a phone tomorrow.

I'm currently 'in conversation' with their live help team, but am receiving no response after 5 minutes, to my question...

Can I ask what that 'arseache' you had was?

Basically, I had several payment types on file. Some of them don't allow withdrawls. On this occassion I deposited £x using my debit card (which does allow withdrawls). I then played about with it and tried to make a withdrawl to the same card.

Hills said that because I had these other payment methods on file which don't allow withdrawls I couldn't withdraw it at all, other than to do a bank transfer. I then asked if I could withdraw it in a shop, to which they said yes, but I still had to sign up to Bank Transfer. :huh::huh:

In the end I removed the payment methods that don't allow withdrawls, and just withdrew it back to the debit card I deposited from. A simple solution but they made it as complex as possible.

Guest The Phoenix

I stuck a £5 treble on this afternoon in Ladbrokes but one of the games had already kicked off when I placed the bet - I got the kick off time wrong.

Will this still be considered a treble or revert to a double?

I have no idea if Ladbrokes allow you to bet in play?

The one that had already Kicked Off is void.

You have a double.

• 2 weeks later...

Opened an account with them a few weeks back and has no issue placing 3 pretty big singles on football matches (2 of which lost if I recall correctly).

Since then I have attempted to place 2 medium sized snooker singles and 1 small accumulator with them and on each ocassion they have refused to accept the bet instead only allowing considerable smaller stakes (eg £6-60 instead of £70, £7-60 instead of £50 and £16-6 instead of £30).

There customer service team claim their trading department reserve the right to limit stakes. Quite frustrating as they were happy to accept the football stakes which were up to 5 times as big.

Is this a common issue with Boylesports does anyone know?

Opened an account with them a few weeks back and has no issue placing 3 pretty big singles on football matches (2 of which lost if I recall correctly).

Since then I have attempted to place 2 medium sized snooker singles and 1 small accumulator with them and on each ocassion they have refused to accept the bet instead only allowing considerable smaller stakes (eg £6-60 instead of £70, £7-60 instead of £50 and £16-6 instead of £30).

There customer service team claim their trading department reserve the right to limit stakes. Quite frustrating as they were happy to accept the football stakes which were up to 5 times as big.

Is this a common issue with Boylesports does anyone know?

Yeah they are a shower of twats ,most are like this they hate peolpe winning or even taking best price ,its also best not to access any accounts through oddschecker as they limit them quicker

• 2 weeks later...

You can get addicted in a day, but it might take a lifetime to recover.

I like how you've made 1 post and it was in the gambling forum, then tell someone it's easy to be addicted.

laugh.gif

Which bookie is the best to sign up for in order to get free bets? I am expecting to stake some money but which reaps the best for a poor student to get his money's worth?

Much obliged.

With most of them it really depends on how much you are looking to stake with your first bet.

Most companies will give you a matched £25 bet, although some offer less (e.g. Blue Square) and some offer more (e.g. bet365).

http://www.freebets.co.uk/ is a good place to start.

One thing to note, if you can get a bookie who offers free bets after you stake a certain amount rather than matched bets, these generally tend to much work better for the gambler staking little and often. Also with the matched bets be careful that they dont double the stake on the first bet you have selected, rather than give you a free bet.