Gambling forum quick questions thread

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Hipster Dufus said:

Stuck a bet on an NCAA College Football game:

Texas A&M (+4) v UCLA

If the game ends up UCLA winning by exactly 4 points, do I just lose my bet?   Wanted to check since most of my previous pigskin bets involved half points (0.5) and it wasn't an issue.  Cheers!

I think you've lost as the match is classed as a draw including the handicap I'm afraid

4 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

I think you've lost as the match is classed as a draw including the handicap I'm afraid

Had a look at the William Hill site.  
Example is a 1 point spread.  Say I have Team B +1, then "if Team A win by exactly 1 point, bets on this handicap market would be void because there is no option to bet on the handicap draw."  
Looked at the match-up and WH doesn't have a draw option (1,X,2) only home or away (1,2).

Just now, Hipster Dufus said:

Had a look at the William Hill site.  
Example is a 1 point spread.  Say I have Team B +1, then "if Team A win by exactly 1 point, bets on this handicap market would be void because there is no option to bet on the handicap draw."  
Looked at the match-up and WH doesn't have a draw option (1,X,2) only home or away (1,2).

Did you get a refund?

2 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Did you get a refund?

Not yet - the game is tonight (Texas A&M v UCLA) :)
Really only comes into play if UCLA win by exactly 4 points.
I have them in the acca at -3.5
I put down another bet (since the other 5 were up yesterday) on A&M to win with a +4 spread.

Edited by Hipster Dufus

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2017 at 12:12, NoahDarkKnight said:

Where do you play roulette online? I'm looking for a change, fed up with the current user interface I play at.

Short answer is I don't because it's a very quick way to lose an awful lot of money. 

However, if you really do want to play - I know Betfair used to do 0% roulette ... i.e. there was no 0 so theoretically it was 100% payout. No idea if it's still there though. 

Betfair have closed my account after they found an excluded account with paddy's. For anyone who has opened accounts in other people's name - what payment method do you use? Bit of a hassle using their card and transferring money to them, but they'll surely catch you if you just use your own card.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

Anyone use Kwiff? They’ve boosted my first bet from 5/1 to 20/1. In the demo you can watch it also boosts it to 20/1 so I’m assuming that’s just to entice future bets and give you f**k all.

2 hours ago, Karpaty said:

Anyone use Kwiff? They’ve boosted my first bet from 5/1 to 20/1. In the demo you can watch it also boosts it to 20/1 so I’m assuming that’s just to entice future bets and give you f**k all.

I prefer fannyfart.com.

7 hours ago, Karpaty said:

Read your post, joined in the hope they boosted everyone’s 1st bet..... did not get Kwiffed :bairn

• 4 months later...

I don't really understand the Bet365 Grand National offer.

If I'm reading it right... They are effectively saying if you bet each way, the place part of your bet is free as the overall bet is half price? Or have I got it wrong?

"Grand National Money Back Offer

The Grand National takes place on Saturday 14th April and we’ve got a fantastic money back offer for Each Way bets placed on the world’s greatest horse race.

How it works:

•Place your bets on the Grand National between Thursday 12th April and 11:59:59 UK Time on Saturday 14th April.•We will then give you half the stake back for every Each Way single bet you place on the race, up to a maximum total refund of £125 (or currency equivalent) per customer.•To qualify for this offer, you must be an existing bet365 account holder and have opened your account before 23:59:59 UK Time on Wednesday 11th April 2018.See Significant Offer Terms & Conditions below*.

Our bet365 Price Promise**, ITV Racing 4/1 Offer◊ and Best Odds Guaranteed◊◊will also apply during the Grand National Festival for new and eligible customers, making bet365 a great place to enjoy this year's Grand National Festival at Aintree. 

Enjoy the action!

The bet365 Team "

• 2 months later...

A quick question of sorts - I'll post this in the gambling section and also the relevant match thread.

I was drawn with England in my works world cup sweep, and its literally just dawned on me that I can guarantee myself a wee bit of money, was hoping for a bit of help to get my head round all the maths.

SO -

i) if England are tournament runners up, I get £24

ii) if England win the whole damn thing, I get £40 to put towards my trip to Dignitas

...I'm at work and not got my mobile so can't really find odds - if I fling money on Croatia to qualify for the final I can guarantee myself some money here.

Back of a fag packet I'm toying with getting, say, £10 on Croatia to go through. Bet loses, England are either runners up or winners so I'm at least £14 up, bet wins I get my stake and profit back. Would guess it'll be about evens but I'm guessing England will be favourites.

Also toying with getting a bet on nearer to kick-off time, since I'd hope a fair few last-minute drunk English #lads will fling a lot of cash behind England.

Any advice/help? I'm going to avoid 90mins betting and try to get them on to go through outright, I think.

5 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

A quick question of sorts - I'll post this in the gambling section and also the relevant match thread.

I was drawn with England in my works world cup sweep, and its literally just dawned on me that I can guarantee myself a wee bit of money, was hoping for a bit of help to get my head round all the maths.

SO -

i) if England are tournament runners up, I get £24

ii) if England win the whole damn thing, I get £40 to put towards my trip to Dignitas

...I'm at work and not got my mobile so can't really find odds - if I fling money on Croatia to qualify for the final I can guarantee myself some money here.

Back of a fag packet I'm toying with getting, say, £10 on Croatia to go through. Bet loses, England are either runners up or winners so I'm at least £14 up, bet wins I get my stake and profit back. Would guess it'll be about evens but I'm guessing England will be favourites.

Also toying with getting a bet on nearer to kick-off time, since I'd hope a fair few last-minute drunk English #lads will fling a lot of cash behind England.

Any advice/help? I'm going to avoid 90mins betting and try to get them on to go through outright, I think.

Croatia are 11/8 to qualify so you'd get £23.75 if they qualify. Personally I wouldn't bother and just pray for Queen Brenda's boys.

• 1 month later...

I had money on a match that was abandoned this morning ... I placed an 'in-play' bet on a team that was already ahead and now,according to Betfair anyhoo, that bet must now stand on the rearranged fixture where the scores will, of course, now be 0 fucking 0!

Anyone had anything similar happen or able to offer advice?

I had £20 on it.