The Next St. Mirren Manager....

You pays your money and you takes your choice...  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eric Black.

Watch this space.

He'd be a great shout. I bloody loved him when I was covering CCFC - his sacking, to bring in Peter Reid, was a shambolic decision. I think he'd have taken Coventry back to the Premier League. Of course, he's hardly set the heather on fire at any other clubs since then, so... :unsure2:

An article from this summer:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/ten-years-eric-blacks-sacking-coventry-7059265

Black had gone some way to restoring pride in the club with his brand of exciting and free-flowing football, all on a shoe-string budget.

Maybe McCoist has been offered the job.

And, being slightly more serious, maybe we'll go for Kenny McDowall if he chucks it too.

Kenny McDowall? The man with absolutely no management experience and part of a coaching team getting slaughtered every week for their tactics? Eh, no thanks.

Kenny McDowall? The man with absolutely no management experience and part of a coaching team getting slaughtered every week for their tactics? Eh, no thanks.

I'm not for one minute suggesting we should go for him, just saying if he leaves Ibrox his name may be linked.

McCoist??

Maybe Ally has been offered a job with a more successful club?. :unsure2:

Last time the job came up I mentioned Ian Murray and given he might have taken Dumbarton as far as he can take them (with respect), this job might appeal to him. Andy Millen and Jack Ross are other names I would link with the job. Billy Reid might be another.

McCoist??

Maybe Ally has been offered a job with a more successful club?. :unsure2:

Last time the job came up I mentioned Ian Murray and given he might have taken Dumbarton as far as he can take them (with respect), this job might appeal to him. Andy Millen and Jack Ross are other names I would link with the job. Billy Reid might be another.

Both left the club having fallen out with our BoD.

Times like this when we miss the likes of Ric, Captain_Sensible and St. Sid who would get creative and try and wind up other clubs fans about pinching their manager. It would have been beware Hamilton Accies. At least with Yogi Hughes we would be quite safe. :lol:

Something else that occurred to me while thinking about all this was how few of our managers have ever actually gone on the anything else of note. Maybe we really are a poisoned chalice. I certainly thought Gus and Hendrie would prove themselves elsewhere, and I'm surprised Danny Lennon hasn't picked up another gig straight away. He'd surely be a good manager at Championship level.

Out of names above mixu has good record and stature doubt he would leave good gig in Finland .

Steve Clarke -wages would be issue !! McDowell - tactically unproven !! Jobby mcall - way past sell by date !! Butcher- relegation form(Brentford hibs)

Thompson and Teale till end of season maybe only solution at least they know the squad.

A bit more left field

I'll throw a new name into the mix .....Richie Foran.

Another not mentioned and one that applied for the Ross County job was John Hartson, who knows with his connections?

Archived