Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

On 3/10/2018 at 10:18, gavin_3110 said:

I went to the game at Braehead on Wednesday, Caps gave their all but looked absolutely exhausted.

Saw the squad for tonight's game in Cardiff, that could be a cricket score... 

28946985_1681735401861743_2452807560173913155_o.jpg

Times really are tough at Murrayfield when Robbie Balfour is named in the line up. Still they kept it under 10 at least

Edinburgh Capitals continue to limp towards the end of the season, losing 12-1 to Nottingham last night after picking up four players from NIHL 2 side Sheffield Senators. As much as I like the Caps, I hope this is there last season (for now) in the Elite League. Have a few seasons in the SNL and hope that someone who cares starts a team in Edinburgh

Edinburgh Capitals continue to limp towards the end of the season, losing 12-1 to Nottingham last night after picking up four players from NIHL 2 side Sheffield Senators. As much as I like the Caps, I hope this is there last season (for now) in the Elite League. Have a few seasons in the SNL and hope that someone who cares starts a team in Edinburgh

I hope the Caps stay in the EIHL but only if Scott Neil is well clear, which legally he should be. There's been a few takeover rumblings so hopefully something's sorted out soon enough, I just hope the name change to Murrayfield Racers never happens.

On 14/03/2018 at 16:24, DiegoDiego said:

I hope the Caps stay in the EIHL but only if Scott Neil is well clear, which legally he should be. There's been a few takeover rumblings so hopefully something's sorted out soon enough, I just hope the name change to Murrayfield Racers never happens.

I see the forum on the Caps site which was highly critical of the management has disappeared.

On 3/19/2018 at 11:23, FifeArab said:

I was reading that the play off’s weekend are a April 7th-8th

Once the Play offs are done Is that It again until September or Is there anything In the summer?

As far as Elite League goes, playoffs weekend is the end of the season. International wise Great Britain play April 22-28 in the World Championship Div 1 (one group below the top division)  The NHL playoffs start next month and go on till June

Who next do you think? Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Brendan Brooks take over. 
It wouldn't surprise me but I think we need someone with more experience of coaching - who that is, I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Mixed feelings.

TH should have been chased from the sport after the Manchester debacle and not happy if he pitches up in the Elite League.

However Scott Neil has done absolutely to deserve another shot at giving the Caps a go.

In other news watched Dundee Comets v Paisley Pirates league decider last night which comets won by virtue of a 6-6 draw. Entertaining stuff if a little slow, when John Dolan is on break away you know something is wrong.

I would probably go and watch more SNL though. Same teams go again in Scottish Cup final in kirkcaldy on Saturday.

David Hand is a absolute bellend of a guy, I've played hockey against him before and he seemed to think he was some sort of reccy enforcer, seems seething that he was the one brother who never made it. Scott Neil was a nice guy at least but useless owner. 

To answer the question above, I for one would support a Racers team, or any Edinburgh team, I went from Edinburgh Racers to the Royals to the Caps