Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

I really should have been going to more Elite games than I have before this month.

Due to Saints crap schedule I will end up at more Ice Hockey games than football games in March.

The teams are showing a bit of initiative that football clubs just fail to show just now.

I run the St Johnstone facebook page for the club and have got to know Ross who produces Saints TV and who also does the same thing for Fife Flyers. Through Ross I was able to take the boys from my BB company to the Fife game on the 2nd of March. We posted a thank you for our free tickets on our BB facebook page and within 12 hours we had an offer of tickets from the Dundee Stars. Whould this happen in football?

I ended up back at the fife Ice Arena last Saturday night and its going to be strange going to a game that Fife are not playing in.

I doubt any fight will be as good as last Saturdays

Now if this had happened on the football pitch you can imagine the press reaction.

Playoff quarter finals lineup is confirmed tonight;

Nottingham Panthers v Fife Flyers

Belfast Giants v Edinburgh Capitals

Braehead Clan v Cardiff Devils

Sheffield Steelers v Coventry Blaze

I was at Dundee v Edinburgh last night, Dundee turned a 2-1 lead into a 3-2 loss in the last 17 minutes, and lost their last 3 games of the regular season to miss the playoffs by 2 points.

I went to the Edinburgh v Dundee match tonight. Fairly comfortable 4-2 win for The Capitals. I really enjoyed it, good open game with a right good atmosphere. Hearing a song to the tune of "Just One Cornetto" made me and my fellow Morton supporting mate very happy!

Pretty good chance of no Scottish teams making the play-off weekend by the looks of it!

Can't help but feel it's a case of shooting yourself in the foot for the Flyers this season. Having that 11th import in from the start would have helped massively and we would have, I believe, placed 4th and won the Gardner conference. All those 1 goal away defeats has come back to haunt us.

• 6 months later...

Anyone heading to any EIHL games this weekend? Heading to Capitals v Cardiff tomorrow and looking forward to it. Was at Caps game against Dundee a couple of weeks ago where Caps played well but lost 3-0. Caps have brought in two additional imports since then so hopefully they will be able to secure the win.

Really fear the caps could be cut adrift this season. The fact they are running with almost a full quota of imports and still badly struggling most be a worry for their fans.

Off to Sheffield tomorrow night for the Stars game. Tough game but we have already beaten them this season and Ice Sheffield tends to be a better rink for the smaller teams than the Motorpoint. Would be happy with a point but would love 2.

Stars lost 2-1 at Sheffield last night. We played well enough but sat back going into the 3rd period with the lead and were punished with 2 quick goals (one of which looked offside).

Once again, some highly questionable calls for a Scottish team playing an English side particularly having a goal chopped up with 3 minutes remaining for a "cross check" that the referee must have imagined.