Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

I see the Stars have suspended season ticket sales due to the concern about the league format.

This sport is a bit amateurish off the rink in the UK it seems. It's mad as well, as the Stars at least get so many things right in terms of on the rink and engaging with the fans that football clubs miss the beat with.

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I see the Stars have suspended season ticket sales due to the concern about the league format.

This sport is a bit amateurish off the rink in the UK it seems. It's mad as well, as the Stars at least get so many things right in terms of on the rink and engaging with the fans that football clubs miss the beat with.

Fife have issued a similarly ominous statement about their future in the EIHL.

Would be a bloody shame if either team decides to drop out let alone both!

Also puts Braehead and Edinburgh in a difficult position of they do drop out.

Edited by #Gary

The sport is literally amatuer off the ice.

There is no EIHL board or central organisation. It's just the owners meeting in a travel lodge every month horse trading to get best deal for their clubs.

It's pretty shite to be honest and needs moved into next level. First step would be a commercial manager.

• 2 weeks later...

No teams are dropping out of the league. 

"The league groups are:

Nottingham, Sheffield, Cardiff and Belfast.

Dundee, Fife, Edinburgh and Braehead.

Coventry, Manchester, Guildford and Milton Keynes.

Teams play against clubs in their own conference four times at home and four times away.
There will be two games home and two games away against the clubs in the other conferences."

Seems Dundee have issued another ominous statement about their future ... why bitch, whine and argue for a specific league structure, get the structure you wanted, agree to it ... and then a day later cast doubt on the whole thing! 

Farcical.

• 4 weeks later...
Caps have brought in Dmitri Khristich as coach, will be interesting to see how they get on with an experienced head doing the job full time as opposed to an inexperienced player/coach.

Hopefully better than the last time they tried it.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Hopefully better than the last time they tried it.

I predict a strong start in the league, a 5 or 6 game winning streak at home and a couple of scalps away from home before results dry up around the end of November. Patchy wins between then and the total collapse at the turn of the year.

Hope I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I know it's early yet but are Fife planning on signing anyone?

Far too early for Fife, the first announced player will likely be Gunn, Scoon, Muir or Wands, then sit back with the popcorn and look at the Facebook comments from the Flyers fans...

• 2 weeks later...