Elite Ice Hockey League

Zanetti

Going back to the football vs Eih argument - EIH (Or at least the Stars) put in a lot more effort when engaging with the fans compared to most football clubs.

It's a problem with football these days too but I think a major disconnect for me at least, is that there's no attachment for the fans with the players considering you have almost a complete squad overhaul each year.

Having watched the highlights i dont see what Halas gets wrong.
Couple of soft hooking calls that every team gets but got all big calls right, indeed went soft on some Clan checks to head. 
Lefebvre said on Stars podcast that having watched it again he was harsh on refs.

No way Leavitt deserved to get tossed, Rosehill high sticks was never a 2 + 2 (led to ejection as he lost it), the very idea of Zach Sullivan doing anything that would constitute abuse of official is laughable.

Cowick getting 2 for pushing the Star away from squaring up to him, never a 2.

He missed a few calls on stars which, in my mind were probably non-calls, but he would call the Clan for the exact same.

He's simply not good enough to ref at this level yet, never has a game without some controversy (see him awarding a goal for the Devils vs Clan where the puck didn't cross before his linesman corrected him despite Halas being right at the goal and the lineo not). We need refs to develop to replace those leaving but he's simply not at that level yet and the Clan organisation and fans will be against him from the first whistle in all future matches unless some sanction is taken.

Rosehill was high sticks. It was careless, but it was high sticks. 2 minutes should have been the call. I believe he was angry as there was no sign of blood following the careless lack of stick control. That doesnt excuse his reaction. Particularly when there was plenty of time left and it was only a 2 goal game.

Leavitt? It's officially charging. It's a really soft call, but Halas loves calling soft charging calls. He actually missed a stronger call on Cowick in the first period. I'd be more unhappy that it was also a soft crosscheck from Leavitt and it was from behind. It was late. The puck had long gone. Leavitt had to deliberately skate towards Sives to make contact with him. It's just a complete fucknut of a move by Leavitt. Utterly pointless.

Halas is a terrible ref. He's overly fussy. He calls nothing incidents for the softest of reasons. He's inconsistent. But as much as he got some wrong, he got some calls right. We gave him the opportunity to make some of those calls with poor discipline.

I'll be glad when this season is over. It's dead rubber for us now, as was shown in the utter shitfest that was Wednesday night. The Clan barely got out of first gear whilst the Storm were as bad as any team I've seen this season. The play-off quarter finals will be big and I hope we can at least make it to the weekender, but our D is piss poor and our goaltender is really shite blocker side. I have a horrible feeling that we'll get Coventry and that they'll beat us over 2 legs.

On 22/03/2017 at 21:48, Ludo*1 said:

Will I be able to pay at the gate as it were for the Stars vs Flyers game this Sunday aye?

Yeah no problems there. I have never known a Stars game you couldn't pay at gate. If we win on Saturday it's a bit of a meaningless fixture but if we dont it's squeaky bum time.

Don't see a massive Fife crowd though as complete dead rubber for them.

Stars section sold out already (well 8 left) for Saturday.

Horrible news on Mike Hammond's injury today. Done his complete mcl tear as well as damaged acl and lcl. Horrendous injury for such a quick, skillful player to take and recover from.

Hopefully he can recover to somewhere near the level he was as on his day, it was plain to see, he was a class above the EIHL.

In league play this season we are 4 wins each with Clan slightly edging it as one Stars win was in a shootout.

Sport is shite. You follow your team to get to big finals/playoffs and when they've there it's too horrible and nerve-wracking to watch.

Tickets bought for both legs though. Just hope we are still in it travelling to Braehead.

Should be a very good affair, the games have been very tight as the season series shows. I have to fancy Clan over the two nights but it's going to be two high scoring games. Could be a case of last goal wins.

Sons are at home on Saturday so no away trip to Dundee for me. Will be at the 2nd leg on the Sunday.

I'm not going into the game with any confidence. All joking aside, we've won the conference for the past 3 years but our record before the Dundee quarter final stands at played 2, lost 2. Hull put us out and then Fife did the same. Ryan Finnerty does not have a good record in 2-leg knock out hockey matches. Cup performances have been poor too when it gets to knockout stages.

We might be favourites for this, but we can't be anything more than slim favourites. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see Dundee win on Saturday by a small margin, tie the game on Sunday at Braehead and progress to the finals. Mike Hammond is a massive loss for us and our defence is shambolic. If I was Lefebvre then I'd be putting everything blocker side on Zajkowski. He has a decent enough glove but is really poor blocker side. And he's not great 1 on 1.

An entirely expected result from our first leg. Big ask to win by 3 goals tomorrow night.

Looking at a 3rd straight play-off quarter final defeat against a conference rival when we're supposed to be seeded and have a so called easier draw.

Finnerty must go.

Thought that was utterly dominant. Clan fortunate to only be 2 down and still in tie

But......

They are still in the tie. Clan get first goal and suddenly they have momentum. Have horrible feeling Stars gave absolutely everything they had tonight.

I'm still scarred by losing to Devils with a 2 goal lead from away leg last year.