The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

Right. I've got beef rump joint to cook on Sunday, how do I go about doing it in the slow cooker?

I brown the joint first then get a piece of tin foil and make a foil ring for the joint to sit on. (stops it getting overcooked on the bottom )

Add a 1cm of boiling water and an oxo cube and leave for about 6 hours or more depending on whether you want to carve it into nice slices or until it just crumbles .

For added extras boil tatties for about 15 mins and add to the roast for the last hour . Absolutely fabulous .

Breaking my slow cooker VL here as well using Reina's cider pork recipe from page 1. Will be ready when I get up at half 6 for work so will take it off the heat then and give it a wee taste.

Also bought ingredients for the pulled pork and stovies - possibly do a joint of beef at the weekend as well!

Breaking my slow cooker VL here as well using Reina's cider pork recipe from page 1. Will be ready when I get up at half 6 for work so will take it off the heat then and give it a wee taste.

Also bought ingredients for the pulled pork and stovies - possibly do a joint of beef at the weekend as well!

Pork was meh. The meat was great but sauce wasn't up to much. Pulled pork going on tomorrow morning and will be ready for dinner time.

No recipe to follow do just bunged in stewing steak , tin of tomatoes , beef stock, packet of mushrooms, tin of butter beans and a few random

herbs

Should be fine

This was brilliant.

More convinced than ever now that its almost impossible to cook something which doesn't taste good in a slow cooker.

Gonna start selling these car stickers for £1.00 each !!

post-25568-0-99335100-1360751428_thumb.j

Edited by Unleash The Nade