Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Foo Fighters in Bern this Wednesday, supported by The Kills and Wolf Alice. Weather has been scorching for the last few weeks and has decided to turn to shite just in time for a lovely evening outdoors. Looking forward to it all the same.

L7 at the Garage was good last night.  Their drummer broke her arm a few days ago so they had a replacement one so that kinda killed any hope of requests.   They just stuck to their set list.

Still sound good after all those years and had decent audience interaction.  Can’t stand bands that don’t give a bit of banter.  

3 hours ago, Lofarl said:

L7 at the Garage was good last night.  Their drummer broke her arm a few days ago so they had a replacement one so that kinda killed any hope of requests.   They just stuck to their set list.

Still sound good after all those years and had decent audience interaction.  Can’t stand bands that don’t give a bit of banter.  

Anyone in the crowd skelped by a used tampon?

I skipped Laura Veirs on Tuesday as I felt shite. Had a ticket for Lindi Ortega on Wednesday so decided I'd only be able to make 1 of the gigs. 

Wrong call.

Lindi's voice was fucked. She really struggled to hit any of the high notes. I was pretty disappointed with her and can't say I particularly enjoyed the gig. Josh O'Keefe was a decent support so the night wasnt a total loss. Laura Veirs' last show from her current tour is being streamed online tonight so I'll at least get a chance to her her play the new stuff live.

Next up is Belly on Saturday.

17 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I had a lovely old time at Haim last night lads.

I've seen Haim twice, both at Primavera. Genuinely one of my favourite live acts in the world right now. Great performers, massive energy on stage. Unfortunately I found out they were playing here about half an hour after they finished. 

Him playing Chemical and Liar will be a laugh.

Are they both about Hooky?

I’ve just finished the Bernard Sumner autobiography and it seems Hooky was a bit of a tube. I’ll need to read the Hooky book for balance.

3 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Are they both about Hooky?

I’ve just finished the Bernard Sumner autobiography and it seems Hooky was a bit of a tube. I’ll need to read the Hooky book for balance.

Nah if he keeps playing the New Order back catalogue it's when he gets to Singularity and Plastic you get a laugh. I doubt he'll reach that point though, sadly.

My point was that Republic is a really bad album and I don't know why he's playing it like this.

Nah if he keeps playing the New Order back catalogue it's when he gets to Singularity and Plastic you get a laugh. I doubt he'll reach that point though, sadly.
My point was that Republic is a really bad album and I don't know why he's playing it like this.

Aw man, Technique and Republic are my 2 favourites !