Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Brian Fallon was excellent last night. Band was great, and he was in a really good mood. That solo piano version of The '59 Sound though. Wow.
Cool Ghouls for me tomorrow night, then King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard on Sunday. King Gizz are one of the best live acts around just now, so that should be a topper.

Absolutely excellent show. Absolutely love that man and the 59 sound encore has just got me even more buzzing for the reunion show in July!

Paul Draper again at BBC Quay Sessions on Wednesday. First time there, has anybody been before? Is there a bar, or is it a case of sit in the room, do as we say, and smile for the cameras?

It’s fairly informal. Assuming it’s a standard set-up rather than a studio recording then the stage is essentially in the foyer of the BBC building.

As far as I can remember there’s a wee bar/cafe type kiosk.

Some time ago when Darren Barr was called up to a Scotland squad (this is a thing which happened) I remember a poster on her, I think it was one of the Gavs, saying how proud he was of him, like seeing your son bring home a really hot burd or something similar. I had a similar experience seeing The Xcerts at the ABC. I'd trade never seeing Do You Feel Safe? or Hurt With Me live again to carry on the sense of pride I had last night

QIRPm09.jpg

On 2/23/2018 at 23:30, paul-r-cfc said:

Absolutely excellent show. Absolutely love that man and the 59 sound encore has just got me even more buzzing for the reunion show in July!

The fact that I'm not going to the Gaslight gig was the only downside of Thursday night. Almost made me wish I'd given in and paid the extortionate ticket price.

Went to Dan Reed and Danny Vaughn the other night in the Voodoo Rooms in Edinburgh the other night. Have to say what a great night again. Really good to see 2 singers and songwriters that get on so well with their acoustic guitars singing and chatting away. Lots of laughs as well as great music. Danny's version of "Love of my life" by Queen was stupendous. 

Next up is tomorrow. Trip to Glasgow to see 3 up and coming acts in rock and metal in Stone Broken, Jared James Nichols and Bad Flowers at G2. Seen the headliners a few times and they seem to be improving all the time and Jared is I have been told really excellent live.