Gigs

pilsner_ffc

23 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Manchester Orchestra. I'm quite excited.

If the boy stood next to me going wooo-OOH! after every song like he was at a ceilidh is on here I hope you got hit by a bus on the way home

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

3 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Jason Isbell this Thursday. Moved to a shite venue but he'll still be fantastic

Also going to this. Almost got rid of my ticket when they moved the venue, but the new record is far too good for me to miss this.

Seeing HMLTD in London tomorrow night. Not heard much of them, but what I have sounds decent.

Manchester Orchestra were incredible last night although the Garage was a strange venue for them considering they played the ABC last time.

Do agree there was far too much ‘wooing’. Also stood near a guy that must’ve took 50+ pictures of the same thing.

59 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Manchester Orchestra were incredible last night although the Garage was a strange venue for them considering they played the ABC last time.

Do agree there was far too much ‘wooing’. Also stiff near a guy that must’ve took 50+ pictures of the same thing.

I love the Garage. It's always nice being in a venue where the bass makes it feel like your toenails are going to fly off.

Do agree there was far too much ‘wooing’. Also stiff near a guy that must’ve took 50+ pictures of the same thing.

At least the 'woo-ers' are showing some appreciation for the band, arses that stand politely clapping or doing nothing at all because they're too cool/embarrassed are far worse imo.

Fucking hate people that watch gigs through their phone though, should be venue staff employed to shoot them out of their hands.

Weezer for me tonight also. Buzzing to see the setlist is largely a historical one.

I reserve the right to die on the spot of joy if they play 'King'.

Any recommendations for parking? It's our first time there and ideally not in a crack alley/too far from the venue please!

29 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Courtney Marie Andrews back in Glasgow for Celtic Connections with Adam Holmes & The Embers, all over that!

Tried to buy a ticket this morning. Not on sale yet.

CC wise I've got:

This Is The Kit

Doghouse Roses

Mandolin Orange

I'm With Her

Sierra Hull

Colter Wall.

I'll get a CMA ticket when they go on sale. It'll be the 3rd time I'll have seen her in 12 months.

Tried to buy a ticket this morning. Not on sale yet.
CC wise I've got:
This Is The Kit
Doghouse Roses
Mandolin Orange
I'm With Her
Sierra Hull
Colter Wall.
I'll get a CMA ticket when they go on sale. It'll be the 3rd time I'll have seen her in 12 months.

I have a friend on Facebook, who I’m fairly certain isn’t you, but he’s going to almost precisely the same list.

I won’t be in town, but I’d be going to Corey Chisel if I had the chance. Terrific live performer.

Couple of tickets bought for the Foos in Bern next summer. Also bought a couple of tickets for Die Toten Hosen in Luzern.

Not a massive fan of stadium gigs but both bands are good enough live performers that I think it will be well worth the money.

night out the back end of november at Koko in Camden (the old Camden Palace) for My Vitriol and You Will Know Us by The Trail of Dead (fucking yes - been after seeing them for years)

taking Mrs H who will hate every minute of it, and I'll be whining about how low a level the volume is capped at - i think health and safety has long since done for the days of waking up the day after a gig with your ears still ringing...

On 25/10/2017 at 19:35, Savage Henry said:

I have a friend on Facebook, who I’m fairly certain isn’t you, but he’s going to almost precisely the same list.

I won’t be in town, but I’d be going to Corey Chisel if I had the chance. Terrific live performer.

Probably isnt, although I do have a mate called Henry. He's a Motherwell fan and an NFL UK League referee.

Jason Isbell.

I've been to some really good gigs this year. By the end of the year I'll have gone to 23 concerts and I'd say at least a dozen of them were really superb shows.

Tonight Jason Isbell delivered the absolute best performance of 2017. He was utterly superb.

Jason Isbell.
I've been to some really good gigs this year. By the end of the year I'll have gone to 23 concerts and I'd say at least a dozen of them were really superb shows.
Tonight Jason Isbell delivered the absolute best performance of 2017. He was utterly superb.

Agreed. I’ve been to nearly 100 this year, and that was definitely top 10, probably top 5.

Took a few songs for the sound guys to try and work through the horrible Academy to get it right, but he was excellent. The 400 Unit are one of the best backing bands I’ve ever seen.

Jason Isbell.

He is brilliant but I prefer his acoustic stuff and ever since I realised that super 8 is a achy breaky heart rip off, I wish he'd drop it. Alabama pines is amazing though