Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Interesting fortnight. Two weeks ago Hawkwind at Newcastle.  Still showing they have got it and a superb performance from Dave Brock after a short illness and despite his advancing years. A great mix of old and new with some of the old stuff not heard for years. Possibly the last time they will tour due to health and age.

Last night Andre Rieu at the Hydro.  Wife wanted to see him so as she had accompanied me to Hawkwind felt needed to repay the gesture.  Was not disappointed by the show. Some incredible singers and musicians with a couple of outstanding moments, one of which is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdIhq1tb8Co

Edited by Hard Graft

Just booked a ticket to see Cherie Currie, of The Runaways, at Beat Generator in Dundee later this year.

I gotta admit, that's not somebody that I ever imagined would be playing a small venue in Dundee.

It'll be interesting to see if she still has it.. or if it will just be a 65 year old woman stomping around on stage.