Gigs

pilsner_ffc

1 hour ago, GrahamJags said:

Yeah, I'm hoping she's got a band with her tomorrow night. Some of her newer material in particular probably wouldn't sound that great solo. From what I can see, it looks like she's been playing full 14 song sets, so looks like there'll be that lull.

Is your one exception Give My Body Back as well? Sticks out like a sore thumb on the record in the best possible way. Fantastic song, but the rest of it is pretty horrendous. I thought it was a production thing on Eyeland as well, but I saw them twice on that tour and they were even worse live. Left early both times. 

All of that.

Real shame about the Low Anthem live.  He's got a rather thin voice, but their Tiny Desk Concert is beautiful.  I'd love to see that kind of thing live.

Edited by Savage Henry

As many have already said Arcade Fire on Monday were outstanding. Every time they seem to improve and that’s a very high bar already! Standing at the “back” of the stage was quiter but more room to dance about like a clown. Thought them coming through the audience and coming down for a couple of songs was great

8 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Saw Trivium tonight. Band and crowd were absolutely superb.

Yep they were amazing as always. Also, special mention to Code Orange for being one of the worst support bands I’ve heard.

Got two tickets for Rab Florence's 'Biscuity Boyle' from Burniston live show. 25th April at the admiral bar in Glasgow.

Got a funeral that day and don't really fancy a comedy show the same night. £25 the pair if anyone wants them

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Trivium were outstanding, probably the best I've seen them. Every support band was great too though; Power Trip are exceptional.

I must say I thought Power Trip were nothing more than a shite Metallica tribute band but that’s just me

Got two tickets for Rab Florence's 'Biscuity Boyle' from Burniston live show. 25th April at the admiral bar in Glasgow.

Got a funeral that day and don't really fancy a comedy show the same night. £25 the pair if anyone wants them

The admiral bar is a really cosy wee venue.

14 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

I must say I thought Power Trip were nothing more than a shite Metallica tribute band but that’s just me

They may have played the same type of music, but they sounded nothing like Metallica. Although one of the guitarists had a James Hetfield ‘Master Of Puppets’ era look going on with the long hair, beard and similar style guitar, but that’s as close as the similarities got for me.

25 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

They may have played the same type of music, but they sounded nothing like Metallica. Although one of the guitarists had a James Hetfield ‘Master Of Puppets’ era look going on with the long hair, beard and similar style guitar, but that’s as close as the similarities got for me.

There was more than one riff that sounded like blatant plagiarism, but that was just to my ear :lol:

The Streets was decent. As pointed out already, the sound was a bit shoddy (although Mike Skinner's vocal delivery is arguably less suited to a gig of this nature than a generic rapper's is).

Still, he was on form and it was the craziest standing section I've been in. At the beginning of the first song, I was at the very front. By the end of that song, I was somewhere near the middle. I hate being small and weak.

Actually reckon I enjoyed the afterparty even more than the main event.