Gigs

pilsner_ffc

14 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Not long home from Jessica Lea Mayfield at the Hug and Pint.

I've wanted to see her for the past 6 or 7 years so there was a real danger that she could never deliver a set that would meet my expectations of her.  It was good. It wasn't great. The 60 minute set, including 1 song encore, felt longer than it was. I'd have liked a couple of earlier songs to break up the drone of her guitar - a drone that was way more reverb and distortion heavy than her past 2 albums.

Good. I'd happily see her again. Just perhaps not immediately.

I was there as well, and enjoyed it. The set was a bit same-y but that encore of Seeing Stars made up for it.  Criminally empty venue though. I thought it'd be far busier than it was.

Blitzen Trapper tomorrow night then Little Comets on Wednesday. Never seen Blitzen Trapper before, and their new record is great, so really looking forward to that.

I was there as well, and enjoyed it. The set was a bit same-y but that encore of Seeing Stars made up for it.  Criminally empty venue though. I thought it'd be far busier than it was.
Blitzen Trapper tomorrow night then Little Comets on Wednesday. Never seen Blitzen Trapper before, and their new record is great, so really looking forward to that.

I just wish she'd given us something from her older albums. Maybe "You've Won Me Over" or "Kiss Me Again". Apparently there was an electrical problem at her Manchester show so she did a wholly acoustic set with a few more older songs.

I love her voice. I don't think it was given the space it deserved amongst the guitar drone.

The Streets had their first gig in Berlin last night, looked quite good from the few videos I have seen. Don't think there was any of his new stuff, seemed to mostly be OPM and A Grand Don't Come For Free. 

The Streets had their first gig in Berlin last night, looked quite good from the few videos I have seen. Don't think there was any of his new stuff, seemed to mostly be OPM and A Grand Don't Come For Free. 

Two great albums.

Definite contender for worst live performance I’ve ever seen though. Horrendous at TITP many moons ago.

Watching You Tube clips of Arcade Fire from Dublin and Manchester is actually giving me the shivers.

Never looked forward to a gig so much in yonks.

Yup. Crawling up the walls really. They’ve had a guest/special cover at every show; wonder what they will pull out the bag for Glasgow. Have you seen what the merch is like? Can’t say I’ve seen anything.

Yup. Crawling up the walls really. They’ve had a guest/special cover at every show; wonder what they will pull out the bag for Glasgow. Have you seen what the merch is like? Can’t say I’ve seen anything.
Haven't seen the merchandise yet. Even the whole boxing intro going into Everything Now is the absolute dugs baws.

Public Service Broadcasting were pretty good on Saturday, big thanks to P&Bs very own 50/50 Winner for the tickets. Great night out.
Nice one man, I'm glad you had a great night.

Gomez at the Barrowlands is next on the gig calendar for me, followed by FOCUS Wales festival in Wrexham in May.

f**k me. Arcade Fire tonight were incredible. London get Florence; we get Jim Kerr [emoji41]

Been lucky enough to see them 7 or 8 times, last time being Glastonbury 2014, but tonight was the best yet. Absolute party atmosphere. Might have just been the beer but vocally I thought Win was on top form.

Still fucking buzzing!