Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Mogwai last night supported by Out Lines at Albert Hall Manchester. One hundred times more enjoyable than the bloody Hydro.

I am beyond hungover. Utterly broken.

Out of curiousity, what was the issue with the hydro gig? Heard a few complaints about it. Too big for them? It was way off full

Out of curiousity, what was the issue with the hydro gig? Heard a few complaints about it. Too big for them? It was way off full

I just found the Hydro flat. I think the best way I can describe it is that you normally get that physical sensation from the reverberation of their music and at the Hydro it felt like they were too subdued. Those tiers of seats curtained off didn't help.

Last night was blistering. It's a beautiful room there, jam packed, and it felt more like a normal Mogwai experience.

Architects last night at Alexandra Palace. Was incredible! Definitely one of my favourite gigs of all time.

While She Sleeps as a support were decent. Missed Counterparts due to the queues to get in being a shambles.

Architects last night at Alexandra Palace. Was incredible! Definitely one of my favourite gigs of all time.
While She Sleeps as a support were decent. Missed Counterparts due to the queues to get in being a shambles.
I was there too, there's something about Architects I just don't 'get'. That's the 8th time I've seen them and although they are all immensely talented and Sam has a great voice, I just can't get into them live. While She Sleeps were superb though.

Think I'd enjoy OMD, and I thought Peter Hook and the Light were fucking brilliant when I seen them. The rest... meh.
Went down to Newcastle to see James last summer and Peter Hook and the Light were the support. They were absolutely fantastic and the set was completed with Tim Booth coming on to do Love will tear us apart.

Also seen them a few years back at The Liquid Rooms doing the complete Unknown Pleasure set, brilliant then too.

Yeah, first time I will see them and I'm the same I cannot wait.

I saw them in Manchester for the first time last year; wasn’t long after the concert bombings and it was truly an amazing experience. They do not fail in making it something special.

I saw them in Manchester for the first time last year; wasn’t long after the concert bombings and it was truly an amazing experience. They do not fail in making it something special.
A friend at work was at the concert they done in the Barrowlands with the paper mache heads and said its the best concert she has ever been to.

Seeing them has been on my bucket list for yonks so i'll be a shaking wreck by the time 16th April comes round.

2 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Going to see Bowling For Soup on Friday at the 02 academy. This might be my guilty pleasure gig-wise as I know it's cheesy, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Saw them back in 2009 which was meant to be their farewell tour. They are superb live.

Saw them back in 2009 which was meant to be their farewell tour. They are superb live.

Seen Bowling for Soup in 2011 at the ABC and I concur. Tremendous live band. So much fun was had that night

Caught them at T and agree with what's being said. Damn good live act.

Good stuff!

They are playing their Drunk Enough To Dance album in its entirety so it should be a good night. The support is strong too.