Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I've got Alter Bridge on Thursday, never been to Usher Hall before. Good for gigs? 

Standing area has a nice slope to it so you'll get a decent view. Feels quite intimate for the size of room it is.

Bars get quite congested. I usually loiter in the Blue Blazer until close to stage time to avoid the queues inside.

Sound should be good quality, the room is designed to make the big chamber orchestras which normally play there sound good.

Bought Roger Waters tickets yesterday for his Hydro show on 29th June 18 on pre sale, courtesy of SSE supplying my gas! Always wanted to see a Pink Floyd and this is the next best thing. Love his solo stuff especially his latest "Is this the life we really wanted" and particularly the Floyd albums he wrote which are effectively solo albums ... The Wall and Final Cut. On genersl sale from 9am 2mrw.

5 hours ago, Dweezboy said:

Bought Roger Waters tickets yesterday for his Hydro show on 29th June 18 on pre sale, courtesy of SSE supplying my gas! Always wanted to see a Pink Floyd and this is the next best thing. Love his solo stuff especially his latest "Is this the life we really wanted" and particularly the Floyd albums he wrote which are effectively solo albums ... The Wall and Final Cut. On genersl sale from 9am 2mrw.

Just in trying to get Priority ttickets and all they can offer is Section 218 in line with the stage - stuff that

I love PF but The Wall is dross IMO.

14 hours ago, dave.j said:

Michael Head & The Red Elastic Band at Oran Mor tonight. Some of the most beautiful, haunting and uplifting songs you'll hear.

That blew me away last night, Absolutely magical.  I'm amazed he didn't play anything off the new album but what a set list that was,  Newby Street, Black & White, Streets of Kenny and Meant to Be were highlights for me and it was great to hear Sgt Major and that stunning version of Stranger.  Big man's bang on form.

Lets hope he's back up soon to tour the album.

Eta- The support was brilliant as well.  Roy was totally gripping and what a sound from Nick Ellis .  Had a chat with both of them, top guys.

Edited by the aggressive beggar

Frank Iero on Wednesday night, accompanying  Kid A. Know next-to-nothing of him so might try and have a listen between now and then.

The support for that is amazing, Dave Hause is always good live and the Homeless Gospel Choir are supposed to be decent. I'd be going for those two alone.

Just now, WeAreElgin said:

The support for that is amazing, Dave Hause is always good live and the Homeless Gospel Choir are supposed to be decent. I'd be going for those two alone.

Yeah chuffed to see Hause on there. Not been to La Belle since before the fire, and it was a good few years before that. Anyone been recently? Any cop? Assume it's been completely rebuilt?

Gary Numan at the ABC tonight, then #ScottishCryRockers Fatherson tomorrow night at the Art School.

Not all that arsed about Fatherson, but there's a few great songs off the first record (which they're playing from start to finish). Absolutely buzzing for Numan. His gig last year was easily in my top 10 of the whole year.