Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Just bought tickets to see Deep purple in November,

Busy year for me gigs wise. Disturbed/A7X, Iron Maiden, Kiss,  Aerosmith, Stone Roses, ZZ top, Metallica, Purple, Kasabian. Some heavy hitters in there. 

Only really missing Van Halen and Ozzy from the bucket list but no sure how good they'd be these days. Dave and Ozzys voices are shot.

On 25/09/2017 at 08:33, doulikefish said:

Sigur Ros tonight

On 26/09/2017 at 13:33, Consolidate said:

Sigur Ros was banging. Great sound.

Indeed.  I'd no idea what to expect as I'd purchased tickets in a red wine fuelled buying stint without actually hearing any of their stuff  (I seem to have entered the Paris marathon at the same time!!)

Very dramatic, and better venue than I'd thought (SEC Armadillo)

Placebo, Alison Moyet, OMD, EH6 festival and The Killers all in the nearish future..

32 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Yep. For a venue that size, it felt quite intimate at times which I thought was incredible. Cave is an incredible frontman.

The crowd surfing was brilliant. Also I thought his voice was better than ever. The fact that so many songs came from the last two albums suggest he will have a lot more to offer over the next few years.

Mick Head at Oran Mor this Thursday.  New album out in 3 weeks so looking forward to that played in full plus the usual stunning list of classics.  Saw him twice now, both times with just a cellist and trumpet, hoping for some drums and lead guitar at this one but if not it'll still be magnificent 

Edited by the aggressive beggar

Billy Joel has announced a gig in Dublin on the 23rd June 2018, I seen him in London last year and really enjoyed it, so I'm quite tempted to go and see him again if tickets are not that expensive.