Gigs

pilsner_ffc

It is, I might be in double figures doing it now. Also seen them play in Arbroath, must've been 10 year ago now.

I've seen them plenty times in Glasgow, couple of times in Kilmarnock and once in London but looking forward to this one most. One of their last gigs for a while too.

Libertines on Sunday at the Alhambra in Dunfermline. Saw them briefly at TITP a couple of years ago but my pal hit a bad yin and we had to leave about 2 songs into the set. 

Ryan Adams tonight then Elvana (the Elvis fronted Nirvana tribute) tomorrow. Ryan's new record is pretty poor, but I'm hoping that he has a half decent band with him for the older stuff.

Was at Dylan LeBlanc on Wednesday who was excellent, mainly down to The Pollies who were his backing band. Aubrie Sellers supported, but was let down by an over-eager drummer, and a guitarist who only had a portable amp with him...

Libertines on Sunday at the Alhambra in Dunfermline. Saw them briefly at TITP a couple of years ago but my pal hit a bad yin and we had to leave about 2 songs into the set. 

It was pretty good but it'll be better in a smaller venue. Gutted I missed out on tickets for this mini Scotland tour.

Ryan Adams tonight then Elvana (the Elvis fronted Nirvana tribute) tomorrow. Ryan's new record is pretty poor, but I'm hoping that he has a half decent band with him for the older stuff.
Was at Dylan LeBlanc on Wednesday who was excellent, mainly down to The Pollies who were his backing band. Aubrie Sellers supported, but was let down by an over-eager drummer, and a guitarist who only had a portable amp with him...

Dylan Leblanc's live show is not like his album at all. He plays so much more lead live than he does on record. Or at least, he did when I saw him. I was very impressed.

I saw Aubrey Sellers at SxSW16 in front of about twelve folk. Thought she was okay, but nothing I'd go out of my way to watch.

I fancied that but going to see The Libertines in killie instead.

Going to that too.

How was Ryan Adams? Seen him twice, first time he just played solo and was pretty boring. Other time was with a band and he was great.

How was Ryan Adams? Seen him twice, first time he just played solo and was pretty boring. Other time was with a band and he was great.

He wasn't great, mainly because his band were dreadful. His equipment messed up and ended up playing a few acoustic songs which were by far and away the highlights. It wasn't terrible, but he really does benefit from a half decent band playing with him.

11 hours ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Going to that too.

I've only seem him once, at SxSW two years ago, with the band, and he was great.  But he also took a unnecessary and massive sulk at the apparent wealth of the  audience, and it really ruined the atmosphere.  He stood stage left for the most part, with a solitary blue light, and the band playing pretty much in the dark.  Support was the Avett Brothers, which I far, far preferred. 

I've only seem him once, at SxSW two years ago, with the band, and he was great.  But he also took a unnecessary and massive sulk at the apparent wealth of the  audience, and it really ruined the atmosphere.  He stood stage left for the most part, with a solitary blue light, and the band playing pretty much in the dark.  Support was the Avett Brothers, which I far, far preferred. 

Those sulks are characteristic of a Ryan show, unfortunately. He plays with little light because of his Meniere's, and bright lights trigger it. The Avett Brothers are great though.